User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Numbers and sheet music are an impossibility for me.

Punch lines for jokes? Forget it. I get lost in the telling. . .

Names? Another fail. But I'll remember interesting things about people's personalities, life stories or body language.

When I was younger I could memorize pages of books easily.

My memory for my childhood is exceptional. I can remember many times of being in my crib. I can remember sitting in a high chair and being diapered. Being in my little Johnny-jump-up seat.

I once drew a floor plan of the house we lived in for my mom to help me check out if my memory was accurate. I told her where we kept the toaster and where individual pieces of furniture were placed, clothing my parents wore and she was astonished. We had moved when I was barely three years old.

My ENFP daughter claims she can't remember anything before she was in third grade. Sometimes this is an indicator of trauma. Good grief. Hope not.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    My memory for my childhood is exceptional. I can remember many times of being in my crib. I can remember sitting in a high chair and being diapered. Being in my little Johnny-jump-up seat.

I once drew a floor plan of the house we lived in for my mom to help me check out if my memory was accurate. I told her where we kept the toaster and where individual pieces of furniture were placed, clothing my parents wore and she was astonished. We had moved when I was barely three years old.
    Wow, all that from less than three years old? That's wild. Now that I'm thinking about it, I have very few "mental recordings" of events back that young, or even in kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade starts to have a few more concrete memories... but I'm thinking of the classroom. We didn't learn much in the elementary school classroom.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTP

My older sister, an ISFJ, has insane memory. She can recall almost anything from when she was a little child. It's insane. My mom always tells me this story about how when she was like 2 or 3 she recited a whole conversation my mom had had on the phone with another friend. The next day she recalled it in explicit detail and basically recited my mom saying how shitty her friends birthday cake was, right to the friend in question.

To this day she routinely remembers intricate details about the past. Infallible, tell me how I was like, and how I acted, much better than I can remember. Can't lie about past events with her.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Hmmm, I don't have this problem at all. I tend to remember things from the past extremely vividly in terms of what happened and how I felt about it. I can recall conversations so well that some people assume I'm adding in details when I retell what happened. Things like what color shirt someone was wearing I'm not so good at it, unless it made an impression.
    I think I'm similar. I have a pretty good memory of the past, especially when it comes to recalling my feelings and the overall situation - especially interpersonal dynamics. And yes, even conversation. And yeah -- it's fairly easy for me to put myself back in time and 'relive' moments of my past.

I don't have a good memory of details though -- names, numbers, etc. In fact even my short-term memory can be pretty abysmal if I don't make it a point to focus and remember things, like when it comes to names. Can be embarassing at times. And apparently I don't have the best recollection of physical details either, as I remember one incidence in high school where we'd taken a family trip, and a week or two later we were talking about the hotel room and how much we liked it, and for some bizarre reason were getting into the layout of the room, and I remembered it completely incorrectly, apparently, and was quite disturbed that my memory of it was wrong, as the rest of my family was chastising me for remembering it incorrectly.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I actually have the opposite problem. I remember most details of every conversation I've had. Sometimes it's daunting, because I always see when a person contradicts himself, or when he decides something that can conflict with another decision he's said he wanted to take. I say that it's daunting because, very often, these contradictions and conflicting decisions are about very minor happenings (say, I prefer tomatoes over carrots, etc).

I also remember in detail faces of people I've only seen once, and what they were wearing too. Again, it can be a bit scary: if I get to know somebody that I have already seen before somewhere else, I may ask him "so on the 5th of november, at 12:15 you were at place X wearing Y and Z?".
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I actually have the opposite problem. I remember most details of every conversation I've had. Sometimes it's daunting, because I always see when a person contradicts himself, or when he decides something that can conflict with another decision he's said he wanted to take. I say that it's daunting because, very often, these contradictions and conflicting decisions are about very minor happenings (say, I prefer tomatoes over carrots, etc).

I also remember in detail faces of people I've only seen once, and what they were wearing too. Again, it can be a bit scary: if I get to know somebody that I have already seen before somewhere else, I may ask him "so on the 5th of november, at 12:15 you were at place X wearing Y and Z?".
    I wouldn't be caught dead at place X without at least Q on.

I have a really good memory. Usually if I don't remember something it's just because I was never paying attention in the first place.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I have a very good memory for conversations, anything emotionally charged. I remember people's faces, better than I remember their name (this is kinda embarrassing though!)
    If I'm interested, I can tell you what page number, an interesting little fact was found, if I liked the book. I can't do phone numbers.
    When I was a lot younger, I used come out with random facts during conversations, almost like they were leaking out of my head. I earned the nic names "Magazine memoriser" and "Pet dictionary" for that.
    I have a terrible memory for meetings and appointments, oh and paying bills on time unfortunately. I also have a very good memory for music jingles, and useless celebrity trivia (to the point I don't even know how I picked it up in the first place, I don't watch T.V.)
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I dont remember anything, i'm like a man without a past.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

That's kinda cool, in a lonely sort of way.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]