• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introversion/Extraversion and Intimacy?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I've been thinking about the ways introverts and extraverts socialize.
I don't think it's necessarily that extraverts 'like people' more.
It is just that they have different ways with dealing with people.

I think it's that the extravert is less comfortable with intimacy than the introvert (or is this a T/F thing?)

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Well maybe. ESFJs seem to be a little more uncomfortable with emotional intensity and individual bonding than I would expect... though I'm not sure what that means or even if it has to do with being extraverted. Explain your position and reasoning more.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
An extravert is often bored with and not energized by intimacy.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ that's not at all true as i see it.

maybe..for some but i wouldn't think at all true for enfp/entp i don't know about the others.
but i naturally relate to people in a pretty intimate way...especially those that i really trust and count as true friends and they're the same with me.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I am an introvert and I am not comfortable with intimacy at all!

I don't think it's a T/F, E/I thing. I think that some people feel uncomfortable with it and others thing it's totally normal and exciting.

Only special people get to try intimacy with me and they have to be very slow and patient and vague. lol