User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    infp

Default Introversion and energy

Currently I can't remember ever feeling so tired before - physically I know that I'm out of shape and need to exercise but its more than this - it feels like a very deep rooted emotional? spiritual? God knows - tiredness - not depression - just a feeling of having run out of steam. I think I put this down to having to be constantly sociable for the last 6 months or so - Ive had to work very closely with a large team at work and at home with truly extrovert kids and their 100s of mates (who I love by the way) I'm never on my own

I wondered if other introverts have felt this and what do you do to get your energy levels up!
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Maya Angelou

MBTI
    ISTP

Get away from all of those people for a few days. Do whatever you feel like (or don't feel like) doing during those days.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by bronte View Post
    Currently I can't remember ever feeling so tired before - physically I know that I'm out of shape and need to exercise but its more than this - it feels like a very deep rooted emotional? spiritual? God knows - tiredness - not depression - just a feeling of having run out of steam. I think I put this down to having to be constantly sociable for the last 6 months or so - Ive had to work very closely with a large team at work and at home with truly extrovert kids and their 100s of mates (who I love by the way) I'm never on my own

I wondered if other introverts have felt this and what do you do to get your energy levels up!

Well since I had kids I have never really had time to myself to recharge, I try to grab the night hours, but that leaves me sometimes having never slept and struggling to cope the next day.

There isn't anything I have found that helps make this better since I don't have family or friends to turn to for some time out, because I have a child with an emotional behavioural disorder and no one is in a hurry to help out lol.

I;m just hanging on until they are older, then I am hoping to get time to slip away for awhile and really recharge.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Yes, indeed, that's a familiar feeling. I clean my diet up (vegetables, a little chicken or fish, brown rice, eggs, no processed food, no caffeine) and I make sure to get 8 hours sleep, and I get a massage if I possibly can. Yoga helps, too, although I don't know when you'd do it, from the sound of your schedule.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by bronte View Post

That would drive me insane. I can't be around people all the time. Plus with extroverted kids I would definatley be exhausted.

I would recommend going on a vacation somewhere alone to a Spa up in the mountains or something. Somewhere far far away!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

i have a similar feeling when im alone so i know what your saying but opposite
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INTJ

Right now I can usually recover from that. I sleep longer and lie in bed for awhile even after that too. Then I go for a 1-2 hour walk and if it's really bad I become nocturnal.
    What a waste of life..

MBTI
    INTJ

Take a walk, or sit down and enjoy the scenery, or listen to music.
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

MBTI
    InFj
    Enneagram
    4w5

I can honestly say I know where you're coming from, at least as far as never getting alone time.

My roommates seem to love me so much they want me to hang around all the time, but all I want to do is be by myself! I've really been thinking of moving out and living alone, but that has strong potential to hurt who I live with a lot (one of my mates is my younger brother.)

My advice, though I probably won't follow it myself, get out and do something you want to do. Go for a walk or run some, just get out and with your own thoughts.
    Introverted (I) 77.42% Extroverted (E) 22.58%
    Intuitive (N) 52.5% Sensing (S) 47.5%
    Feeling (F) 55.26% Thinking (T) 44.74%
    Perceiving (P) 50% Judging (J) 50%

In the fog of the horizon the dawn broke. We shouted like kings at the failing night and turned our heads to the broken house. Once more our hearts faltered, once more our minds were changed, but our spirit would never die.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ishida View Post
    Right now I can usually recover from that. I sleep longer and lie in bed for awhile even after that too. Then I go for a 1-2 hour walk and if it's really bad I become nocturnal.
    I never had the option of sleeping longer, but the walking I can relate to. And the nocturnal walks were sometimes unavoidable.

Since my son and girlfriend moved back East, I probably appear more 'normal' to the neighbors.