• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introversion and energy

bronte

MBTI Type
infp
Currently I can't remember ever feeling so tired before - physically I know that I'm out of shape and need to exercise but its more than this - it feels like a very deep rooted emotional? spiritual? God knows - tiredness - not depression - just a feeling of having run out of steam. I think I put this down to having to be constantly sociable for the last 6 months or so - Ive had to work very closely with a large team at work and at home with truly extrovert kids and their 100s of mates (who I love by the way) I'm never on my own

I wondered if other introverts have felt this and what do you do to get your energy levels up! :huh:

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Get away from all of those people for a few days. Do whatever you feel like (or don't feel like) doing during those days.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Currently I can't remember ever feeling so tired before - physically I know that I'm out of shape and need to exercise but its more than this - it feels like a very deep rooted emotional? spiritual? God knows - tiredness - not depression - just a feeling of having run out of steam. I think I put this down to having to be constantly sociable for the last 6 months or so - Ive had to work very closely with a large team at work and at home with truly extrovert kids and their 100s of mates (who I love by the way) I'm never on my own

I wondered if other introverts have felt this and what do you do to get your energy levels up! :huh:

Well since I had kids I have never really had time to myself to recharge, I try to grab the night hours, but that leaves me sometimes having never slept and struggling to cope the next day.

There isn't anything I have found that helps make this better since I don't have family or friends to turn to for some time out, because I have a child with an emotional behavioural disorder and no one is in a hurry to help out lol.

I;m just hanging on until they are older, then I am hoping to get time to slip away for awhile and really recharge.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, indeed, that's a familiar feeling. I clean my diet up (vegetables, a little chicken or fish, brown rice, eggs, no processed food, no caffeine) and I make sure to get 8 hours sleep, and I get a massage if I possibly can. Yoga helps, too, although I don't know when you'd do it, from the sound of your schedule.

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram

That would drive me insane. I can't be around people all the time. Plus with extroverted kids I would definatley be exhausted.

I would recommend going on a vacation somewhere alone to a Spa up in the mountains or something. Somewhere far far away!

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
i have a similar feeling when im alone so i know what your saying but opposite

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
Right now I can usually recover from that. I sleep longer and lie in bed for awhile even after that too. Then I go for a 1-2 hour walk and if it's really bad I become nocturnal.

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
Take a walk, or sit down and enjoy the scenery, or listen to music.

phobosdiemos

MBTI Type
InFj
Enneagram
4w5
I can honestly say I know where you're coming from, at least as far as never getting alone time.

My roommates seem to love me so much they want me to hang around all the time, but all I want to do is be by myself! I've really been thinking of moving out and living alone, but that has strong potential to hurt who I live with a lot (one of my mates is my younger brother.)

My advice, though I probably won't follow it myself, get out and do something you want to do. Go for a walk or run some, just get out and with your own thoughts.

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
Right now I can usually recover from that. I sleep longer and lie in bed for awhile even after that too. Then I go for a 1-2 hour walk and if it's really bad I become nocturnal.

I never had the option of sleeping longer, but the walking I can relate to. And the nocturnal walks were sometimes unavoidable.

Since my son and girlfriend moved back East, I probably appear more 'normal' to the neighbors.

PureWhispers

I'm the picture perfect example of an energy-zapped introvert. When I'm at my college and my friends are particularly social for a week or two with little interruption, I "fade" more and more to the point that I literally just have to take a day or two to myself. That usually brings me back up to speed. :yes:

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP

The law of energy is about physics.
MBTI is not a free ride.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I struggle to maintain my energy levels as well because I have a busy work and social life. The things that help me recharge are:

1) Chill-out time. This can vary from a few minutes to a few days, depending on how run-down I've become.

2) Physical activity, whether that's cleaning the house, dancing or riding my bicycle doesn't seem to matter, but a repetitive activity of some sort is particularly de-stressing.