User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Going with INTJMom's explaination, introverts recieve energy from those particular componenets, all of which take place within the self, in the internal world. Extroverts recieve energy from the things happening around them.

This is why introverts feel less energized around larger groups of people, due to the fact that they have to focus the energy they recieve to the extroverted world, which taxes their reserves. Contrastly, this is why extroverts don't have a problem with interacting with a greater number of individuals, due to their energy already directed outwardly.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Airporte View Post

This is why introverts feel less energized around larger groups of people, due to the fact that they have to focus the energy they recieve to the extroverted world, which taxes their reserves.
    I'd agree with this - in groups of people I dont feel completely comfortable with I have to concentrate very hard to interact (and deal with the nf thing of tapping into body language and subtleties of communication/feelings/motivations -which I wish I could turn off) - there feels little about it which is natural and without considerable effort - I never completely relax.

Contrast this with a friend I was on a course with last month who is an esfj - his communication with complete strangers (this time a waiter at the restaurant) is so natural - effortless and enjoyable and you can see him getting such a buzz out of it - I love him to bits but he wears me out.

We went out for a meal, had a laugh and a good evening - I went to bed a 11-00pm tired and ready for a bath and a half hour with a book - he stayed up until 2am drinking with the bar staff
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Maya Angelou

MBTI
    LoLz

But, could this explain why computers are so addicting for introverts? At least IxTx's? It's constant controlled self-contemplation.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    But, could this explain why computers are so addicting for introverts? At least IxTx's? It's constant controlled self-contemplation.
    and its communicating with others where you are in control and its totally managable
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Maya Angelou

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    What the hell does it mean if there are times the first fits and times the second fits along with times others energise me and times being alone energises?
    You're human.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

An introvert is energized by his or her own thoughts and ideas and is tired out from interaction with the world.
    I believe that many people are a mixture of introversion/extraversion.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    You're human.
    Darnit! I think I fail at determining the difference between the two now and was hoping you could clarify! With some people it's obvious but I don't even know about myself anymore

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I have no idea what that's directed at but I'm totally sloshed so I'm gonna respond with and *cheesy grin*

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    An introvert is energized by his or her own thoughts and ideas and is tired out from interaction with the world.
    I believe that many people are a mixture of introversion/extraversion.
    So what does it mean in terms of MBTI if you're a mixture?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I have no idea what that's directed at but I'm totally sloshed so I'm gonna respond with and *cheesy grin*
    Guess that's what makes life liveable. To have no clue @miss "I dont know who I am"
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post
    I think the definition of an introvert is a person who takes energy from being alone. I see introverts and extroverts like battery chargers that need a different kind of outlet to charge up in. Introverts need to be away from people to recharge. It's the solitude that they plug into. Extroverts use people to recharge, is the social energy that they plug into. That's how I see it at least. (example: I'm an introvert, when I'm upset or hurt I want to be alone. My father is an extrovert, when he's upset or hurt he wants people with him ALL THE TIME).
    Right on. I recently dealt with a tragedy, and the day of this tragic event, a bunch of friends came over to my place uninvited to "comfort"... almost put me over the edge.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)