User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Truth. I'm terrified to join vent. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't say a thing. Never use my headset on Xbox Live either.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    But, I always thought there was something wrong me, because I have absolutely no problem spending all day alone in front of my computer. It feels like freedom. Even at school, I can so easily just put on my headphones, walk to class, listen to the teacher, rinse and repeat until I go home. I wouldn't need to interact with someone else unless I really had to. I've had to learn how to force myself. It's not hostility toward other people, although sometimes it does turn into it. I just don't NEED the focus on the outside world.
    Exactly. I used to do that constantly...I had to force myself to stop, because I realized just how anti-social it was making me appear..

As others have said, though, I fail at coming up with answers to questions on the spot. I always chalked it up as just a lack of social experience. I've learned from the MBTI though, that it isn't always being a social outcast. I've been able to make myself tell people lately, "Just give me a little bit to think about this." Like, for instance, my sister came in my room and asked me to sell something on ebay for her, and she wanted it carried out that instant. She's an ENFJ. She could probably do that, but I couldn't. I told her to wait. I needed a little bit to think about what we needed to do and how I wanted to do it.
    Yup....I've learned to just excuse myself for a couple minutes to think about it before answering/coming up with a solution.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    LoLz

Introversion:

[YOUTUBE=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7C-iEoArAc]There is Life Outside Your Apartment[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Thank you for that.
    You're welcome. I find van der Hoop's discussions to be a great deal more nuanced and realistic than most.

I posted a lot of his book at INFPgc: "Conscious Orientation" by Dr. J. H. van der Hoop.
    "There can be no understanding between the hands and the head unless the heart acts as mediator." (Metropolis, 1927)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESTJ

Another group of people are guided, in so far as conscious motives are concerned, by entirely different factors; they are primarily conscious of their own subjective reactions to events. They are peculiarly sensitive to theseóto what they feel, how they think, about any situation.
    I've never heard this before. What a great find!

Most of you guys have given a lot of interesting personal accounts of what introversion is. Now, do you think introversion is a simple piece of personality or is it much more complex?

For instance, someone mentioned in here that being alone deteriorates their mood and someone thought that he might be extraverted instead. Is it really that simple? Why would a simple statement make that person an extravert instead?

I gain energy from people who I like and am comfortable with, usually people who think similarly to me...but isn't that true for everyone? I almost think the energy gaining thing to describe introversion and extraversion is too muddled. What do you guys think?

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    Introversion:

[YOUTUBE=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7C-iEoArAc]There is Life Outside Your Apartment[/YOUTUBE]
    Oh, haha, this brings up another question. Is it typical for an introvert to go without social interaction on accident? Like "Oops, I forgot to brush my teeth." I find it hard to believe introverts can really be happy without any type of social interaction.... well maybe IxTxs can...

but the Introverted types with feeling seem incapable of it. They are usually the ones who get confused between being introverts and extraverts right? Why is this?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Orbit View Post
    Oh, haha, this brings up another question. Is it typical for an introvert to go without social interaction on accident? Like "Oops, I forgot to brush my teeth." I find it hard to believe introverts can really be happy without any type of social interaction.... well maybe IxTxs can...
    I definitely can. While it obviously can contribute to happiness, I can be perfectly happy without social interaction as well, even for pretty long periods of time. (Of course, I'm an ISTP..)
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Orbit View Post

but the Introverted types with feeling seem incapable of it. They are usually the ones who get confused between being introverts and extraverts right? Why is this?

I usually see my close friends on a pretty regular basis. I avoid clubs and large parties and whatnot because that's not my cup of tea. Being an ISFP most people think i'm an extravert. Don't get me wrong I am very friendly.. outgoing, not so much. I'd prefer to be on my own and left alone if i'm in an unfamiliar environment.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

guess if you are caught completly naked, when coming out of the shower in front of the whole classroom and you start dancing and giving a show to join the laughter, you are definitly not Introvert
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ESTJ

Leave it to an ENTP to pull that off Entropie

I like how an ISFP and ISTP posted right next to each other and there is such a difference. Hm...maybe the judging function is the dividing factor between what kind of introvert a person is..