• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Description Wiki

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTP

reserved and shy first, can be quite humorous; analyzes everything; low-energy; can be sluggish and forgetful; can show flashes of passion, but does not really want to; cynical; terrified of looking incompetent, dislikes being in a group unless comfortable with the individuals. Questions the validity of otherwise definitely ascertained facts. Enjoys reading, writing and solitary pursuits. At times overly hopeful about personal future whilst incredibly negative and theoretically nihilistic about global future. Tries not to express hopes and dreams to others for fear of ridicule, does not enjoy revealing personal information to anyone below the level of confidant.
Skeptical contrarian. Loves language, literature, leaps of insight, laughter. The dark side.

Intense, obsessive but not compulsive, enthusiastic about knowledge, craves expertise, talkative when comfortable and quiet when not, pursues justice.

reserved and shy first, can be quite humorous; analyzes everything; low-energy; can be sluggish and forgetful; can show flashes of passion, but does not really want to (I'd like to show my passion more, I just don't do it unless I'm really comfortable with others first); cynical; terrified of looking incompetent, dislikes being in a group unless comfortable with the individuals. Questions the validity of otherwise definitely ascertained facts. Enjoys reading, writing and solitary pursuits. At times overly hopeful about personal future whilst incredibly negative and theoretically nihilistic about global future. Tries not to express hopes and dreams to others for fear of ridicule, does not enjoy revealing personal information to anyone below the level of confidant.
Skeptical contrarian. Loves language, literature, leaps of insight, laughter. The dark side.

Intense, obsessive but not compulsive, enthusiastic about knowledge, craves expertise, talkative when comfortable and quiet when not, pursues justice

My addition: can be quite sensitive on the inside but this may not always be apparent on the outside

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
talk first- then maybe think about what was said, curious, high energy, compulsive reader of the printed word

Edgy, nonconforming, inventive, clever, humorous, and excellent at wordplay/lame puns.

Can be superficial, facetious, and two-faced.

Naive, optimistic, compassionate, enthusiastic, attention-seeking, love to debate.

When I'm upset, others will have problems helping or consoling me, because I want: firstly to know what's the problem myself, then define whether I could use help or consoling and maybe ask for it myself. I don't want to appear as an upset person to anybody, ever. Please don't disturb me when I'm trying to find out what that little Fi of mine is trying to tell me.

My life is about adventure and discovery. I have insatiable curiosity when it comes to learning and discovering. I want to understand, everything.

I am:

inventive. Fi? What Fi? Generally logical. Quick to get over anger, but quick to revengeful thoughts. Ambitious. Driven. Entertainer of many ideas at once. Quick to react. Sometimes a major procrastinator. Does not appreciate answers like "just because" or "because I said so."

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP

Flamboyant. Independent. melancholy, but quick to laughter. All or nothing/easy_going-perfectionist that listens and laughs to get you to listen and laugh so you can be who you are afraid to be.
Never-ending sweettooth non conformist, vauge, sees to heart of people, dreamer, some what detached.

Idealistic, thoughtful, understanding, loyal, compassionate, kind, friendly.
Good stuff

An anomaly, overly idealistic, sassy, a daydreamer, a gamine, a master of awkward moments, an aesthetic, inspired, bookish, a rebel with a cause, and possessing "a shyness that is criminally vulgar".

Very shy about revealing feelings in fear of rejection/conflict. Rich inner world no one knows about. Awkward, clumsy. Head in the clouds. Interested in philosophy and psychology in a sense of wanting the world to be a better place for people. Can't understand people who don't understand themselves and deny their true feelings.

KDude

Neg on flamboyant. Project fail.. (as far as I'm concerned)

Sunny Ghost

ISFP

Reserved but I like to can be good at entertaining. Creative. Procrastinate. Has a sense of others but sometimes blocks it. And other times, overly aware of others Spontaneous. Fun-loving. Passionate. Caring. Loyal. Forgetful of boring obligations. May frequently look like an extravert in social settings but is not.
Perfectionist... sometimes.

Aesthetic. Performer. Aim to have a positive impact. Exploratory and improvisational. Curious but not intellectual, imaginative but not abstract. Visual, verbal, aural; interactive learner. Change a little each day. Like to try new things. Want things to be fun and free. Cherishes the simple, little things. Hate pressure and must be free to move at own pace. Easily become bored with things I can't use somehow. Sensitive, empathetic, forgiving, likes peace and good times, easily affected by the environment, believes reality and fantasy should meet halfway.
Was this a description for an ISFP? Cause, I agree wholeheartedly with it. ...as you can see I bolded the entire paragraph, though I started from the top just wanting to bold parts I agreed with. :laugh:

to add to these....

I can become aggressive when others bombard my space or bombard my feeling of independence and autonomy. I neither want to control nor be controlled. Sometimes, I act first and face palm later. Other times, I reflect first and wind up talking myself out of ever acting later. I don't give a crap about the law (lawlz) or rules... I only care about my values and morals in any given situation. I enjoy wasting my day away on the internet, sitting on the porch sipping coffee and watching the scenery, laying in bed all day, doing goofy arts and crafts like origami or making bracelets. I have a horrible memory for fact recall, but remember ideas. I sometimes forget my own reasonings. I feel like a grown up child, and the older I get, the more comfortable I become with my child-likeness.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love arguing and pitting my ideas against others. I love reading and learning.

I can care deeply for others, but don't really show it in a way which most people can see or relate to particularly well.

I am very passionate about the things I believe in, but what I value most is truth, and therefore, nothing is free from criticism.

I enjoy spending time with others, but not for long periods of time and not in large groups.

I think that about covers everything I can think of. My type is INTJ, and I'm an enneagram 5w4.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enjoys complex argument. Former Hulkamaniac. Can do the splits between two folding chairs.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_VAmSsZRcs"]I Want to be a Hulkamaniac[/YOUTUBE]

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTP
Independent, reserved, logical and pragmatic. Driven to understand logicaly the working of the world and to be a jack of all trades, a virtuoso who tried everything once. Master any craft and understand evry idea that interest them. Bored by lack of action. Shy, reserved and quiet, reserve their energy for the most interesting and meaningful things, yet, very energetic, passionate, energised by action, self-confident and tempetious. Rational in his actions, precision and economy of movment. Usually simple and lighthearted. Can be very affectionate, friendly and likable when the situation is not too much restrictive or emotionally demanding. Love you with incredible intensity, passionate at heart, but choose the right moment to show it. Large potential of creativity and insight. Potentially loner, rageous, chaotic, hateful and antisocial. Live stricly on his own side. Quick adapter and planner, seek freedom from strict structures. Follow his own principles and somtimes, selected alliances. More at ease with a day-by-day approach to life, live and let live than with long-term project. Love action and like to live life as a party animal. Want to profit of sensuals pleasures of life (sex, drug, alcohol and rock and roll). Sometimes addictive. Non-nonsense approach in arguing, sometimes provocative, but not really speculative. Like a good fight for the sake of a good fight, but not really prone to value judgements. A performer side make them prone to like attention and to be considered as "the cool girl" or "the cool guy".

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENFP (combined and added)

general style is warm, loose and flowy, aesthetic, creative, open.

enthusiastic, complicated, fun, witty, passionate and empowering, procrastinator extraordinaire.

love exploring, am quick to laugh, love fun, optimistic, like NEW, need variety. am usually totally engaged, approach every new situation with open arms and wide eyed enthusiasm. totally excited by the possibilities, need to know the whys. easily distracted by the next really interesting thing, then laser focus until it's become routine. when locked into efficiency mode, can accidentally be intimidating. have a hard time adhering to boundaries and routine, but need some structure to be happy and productive. resourceful and adept in a crisis.

love people. willing to talk about anything, thrive on topics that aren't generally discussed. interested in the meaningful and mystic. love patterns and systems. good communicator and translator, have an ease of language, love reaching across gaps between subjects and between people. enjoy talking about myself, talking about others, talking about human behavior in general. enjoy a peek into the psyche of others. make others feel comfortable, sometimes strangers open up and tell me really personal secrets. like to be loved and admired. tend to see the best in people, can exhaust self trying to please everyone. am usually more motivated by other people than myself.

excellent at helping empower others. deep well of compassion for individuals, for humanity, for nature, for the universe. strongly against oppression, both of others and myself. prize freedom of thought, speech, and action. stubborn and/or sneakily rebellious when i feel boxed in. prize, enjoy, and respect self-expression by myself and others. extremely uncomfortable and quick to speak up when when i believe myself or others have been misrepresented and/or equality has been breached. believe that "evil" can generally be explained by a disconnect between good intention and reality, not maliciousness. love and idealize social harmony but unwilling to accept it at the loss of individual right to expression.

for an extravert, am actually pretty quiet. tend to spend a lot of time in my head. do not prefer to be the leader as a general rule though feel like i need to in certain situations. insecure and uncertain when i'm not sure someone i like, likes me. tend to appear less serious and more carefree on the outside than the complexity inside would attest to. comfortable with indecision, uncertainty, paradox, and contradiction. can be very serious and light-hearted at the same time.

believe we are all part of one big whole and thrive on interconnection.

really do believe anything is possible, even if improbable.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTP

reserved and shy first, can be quite humorous; analyzes everything; low-energy; can be sluggish and forgetful; can show flashes of passion; cynical; terrified of looking incompetent, dislikes being in a group unless comfortable with the individuals. Questions the validity of otherwise definitely ascertained facts. Enjoys reading, writing and solitary pursuits. At times overly hopeful about personal future whilst incredibly negative and theoretically nihilistic about global future. Tries not to express hopes and dreams to others for fear of ridicule, does not enjoy revealing personal information to anyone below the level of confidant. (I can make this true, but it would result in a tautology.) Skeptical contrarian. Loves language, literature, leaps of insight, laughter. The dark side (only if it has cookies). Intense, obsessive but not compulsive, enthusiastic about knowledge, craves expertise, talkative when comfortable and quiet when not, pursues justice, can be quite sensitive on the inside but this may not always be apparent on the outside

Explorer of the known and unknown, highly independent, corrector of the universe, driven towards discovery... though most of the time in observer mode

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Flamboyant. Independent. melancholy, but quick to laughter. All or nothing/easy_going-perfectionist that listens and laughs to get you to listen and laugh so you can be who you are afraid to be.
Never-ending sweettooth non conformist, vauge, sees to heart of people, dreamer, some what detached.

Idealistic, thoughtful, understanding, loyal, compassionate, kind, friendly.
Good stuff

An anomaly, overly idealistic, sassy, a daydreamer, a gamine, a master of awkward moments, an aesthetic, inspired, bookish, a rebel with a cause, and possessing "a shyness that is criminally vulgar".

Very shy about revealing feelings in fear of rejection/conflict. Rich inner world no one knows about. Awkward, clumsy. Head in the clouds. Interested in philosophy and psychology in a sense of wanting the world to be a better place for people. Can't understand people who don't understand themselves and deny their true feelings.

Seeking without end, full of mystery and harmony, traveling on a mystical ocean, deep in conversation with people in the future or the past, laugh suddenly in the present about something to be said later. Perfectionist about the present project for the person, but oblivious to mismatched socks or some other more trivial matter.

Neg on flamboyant. Project fail.. (as far as I'm concerned)

Yeah, this is an interesting thread. Just, I'm not sure you could make a WIKI description this way! Also, in the past, I was enchanted to be like the character in the book "Jurassic Park", who only wore black and/or gray clothing.

Now I'm prone to wear bright, even fluorescent, orange, yellow, and other colors. This is inspired by the motivation to add more of the Earth and Fire elements to my life. Thus, I may be flamboyant at the moment, but that's not always true. Plus, in my strike-throughs, I added back in the other person's strikethrough.

What is probably needed is some kind of sampling, like poll of characteristics for each type. Like if 85% of people agree with this, then it becomes part of a profile.

Ingenue

ISTP

Independent, reserved, logical and pragmatic. Driven to understand logicaly the working of the world and to be a jack of all trades, a virtuoso who tried everything once. Master any craft and understand every idea that interests them. A perfectionist. Bored by lack of action. Shy, reserved and quiet, reserve their energy for the most interesting and meaningful things, yet, very energetic, passionate, energised by action, self-confident and tempetious (?) tempermental. Rational in his actions, precision and economy of movement. Usually simple and lighthearted. Can be very affectionate, friendly and likable when the situation is not too much restrictive or emotionally demanding. Love you with incredible intensity, passionate at heart, but choose the right moment to show it. Large potential of creativity and insight. Potentially loner, rageous, chaotic, hateful and antisocial. Lives stricly on his own side. Quick adapter and planner, seeks freedom from strict structures. Follow his own principles and somtimes, selected alliances. More at ease with a day-by-day approach to life, live and let live than with long-term project. Loves action but dislikes unnecessary commotion and like to live life as a party animal. May appear to be a party animal but is really just drawn to the sensual pleasures of life (sex, drugs, alcohol and rock and roll). Sometimes addictive. Non-nonsense approach in arguing, sometimes provocative, but not really speculative. Like a good fight for the sake of a good fight. Prefers to maintain harmony with others but will not back down from confrontation when provoked. Avoids value judgements. A performer side makes them prone to like attention and to be considered as "the cool girl" or "the cool guy". Dislikes too much attention. Often perceived by others as an irreverent iconoclast.