User Tag List

First 123 Last

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Then why do you have INTP in your profile? You must consciously identify with some aspect of MBTI and you exist (as far as I know).
    It just means that INTP resembles the way my unconscious mind works. It has nothing to do with my personality.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Can you explain what are the external values/rules and internal values/rules are in this situation?

Wouldn't my value on the externals be a conscious projection of my unconscious? Doesn't that bring us right back to the beginning, hence my consciously expressed type?
    My concern was that if you try to apply typology to the external world too much you will actually forget that it is rooted in the unconscious after all. Its core is there, and not in the practical world.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

So why are we on this forum? Why do we talk about it? Why do we find certain profiles more appealing than others? Why are people selling it like a brand?
    I am here to nourish my understanding of human nature. Most are under the delusion that MBTI will help them learn about their personality and that of others so they, Js especially, can stuff them into the neatly ordered boxes which they believe outline the way the whole world flows.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    My concern was that if you try to apply typology to the external world too much you will actually forget that it is rooted in the unconscious after all. Its core is there, and not in the practical world.
    Pmix is only trying learn how to best apply the system in such a way that it modifies her internal reality to accord with her externally defined values, which involve helping people. Both of you are trying to modify one another's reality via rules that make sense to you, but make the other person feel violated.

Is this making any sense yet?

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

So why are we on this forum? Why do we talk about it? Why do we find certain profiles more appealing than others? Why are people selling it like a brand?
    I'm interested in it, because unlike an INTP I see all sorts of practical applications for it. You just have to realize that some parts of the theory are more practical than others. I'm still perfecting my understanding at this point of which parts are more practical than others. I find simply having definitions for the eight functions to be the most useful part at the moment: Fi, Fe, Ti, Te, Ni, Ne, Ti, Te.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Those who sell it to the corporate world are doubtlessly abusing it.

And it doesnt have to mean anything to me in order for it to be in my profile, its just an objective statement about my nature. Just like I have so many fingers or so many teeth, that doesnt mean anything to me, but if the profile were to ask this and I deemed the information to be useful I'd put it there.

heart on fire

So type has nothing to do at all with the way people act or who they are attracted to as mates?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

The way type manifests itself does, but not type in itself.

MBTI
    INTJ

I've noticed how often people evaluate others' problems, likes/dislikes, relationship patterns, careers, and other issues in terms of MBTI. (...) I personally would like to use type as one of the last factors that can influence someone's behavior.
    Well, this is an MBTI board. We're not going to be structuring our discussions like we would IRL, we're going to be focusing on whatever is or could be MBTI-related.

For example are entertainment tastes or career choices type-dependent?
    I don't know, let's find out.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    The way type manifests itself does, but not type in itself.
    Thank you for the clarification.