User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    Other tiebreakers...Most Si's know where they park at malls, where they put their keys, why they store things where they store them, etc.
    Hmm. I must be an ISJ, then because I'm the only one in my family who can ever remember where we parked. However, why I store things where I store them usually turns out to be "because it was convenient at the time," but I can still always find them...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Si also uses a LOT of simple, rigid cause and effect terms while Ni uses blanket ones:

NTJ vs STJ example
    Si: Shooting a gun at someone in the head will kill them. Shooting them in the stomach will cause a slow, painful death if not treated. Shooting them in the foot will not kill them, but it will give them a limp.
    Ni: Shooting a gun at someone will hit them with a lot of force in a small area, if the force hits them in the right spot, they will die. If I do it right, they wont die instantly, but slowly.

NFJ vs SFJ example
    Si: Doing things for people makes them happy, which is good. It makes me feel good for others to feel good. I like when people rely on me, then I can do more good things for them.
    Ni: Doing things for other people can make them happy, but doing it too much may make them rely on me. I'll be nice to a person if I think it will do them good, but who knows? If I'm not quite sure I probably won't bother.

Hmm. I must be an ISJ, then because I'm the only one in my family who can ever remember where we parked. However, why I store things where I store them usually turns out to be "because it was convenient at the time," but I can still always find them...
    Everyone has a balance between S and N and introversion and extroversion. Simple as that

And I do the same with storage: It may LOOK disorganize, but in my mind its all perfectly where I left them so it IS organized.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ENFJ

The way I explained it once was it was a bit like quick digestion before, or slow digestion after... like Si is the snake and Ni the spider.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

beyondaurora

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Si types often seem very calm and passive, Ni types often look more melancholy with a sense of longing.

Does anyone else agree with this? I'm definitely the latter.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post

Does anyone else agree with this? I'm definitely the latter.

Uberfuhrer refers to Si dominant or auxiliary types, and Ni dominant or auxiliary types, and not just all types that either have Ni or Si as their four functions.

The longing that he speaks of is to be attributed to the intellectual intensity of the Ni type. It is not specific to the Ni type, it could be found in all N types, especially the INs. If you are an Intuitive, you certainly are more likely to identify with uberfuhrer'r description of the Ni type rather than the Si type.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    xxxx

Si is memories, Ni is imagination.
    Si is rules you live by, Ni is the voices in your head telling you what to do.

beyondaurora

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Uberfuhrer refers to Si dominant or auxiliary types, and Ni dominant or auxiliary types, and not just all types that either have Ni or Si as their four functions.

The longing that he speaks of is to be attributed to the intellectual intensity of the Ni type. It is not specific to the Ni type, it could be found in all N types, especially the INs. If you are an Intuitive, you certainly are more likely to identify with uberfuhrer'r description of the Ni type rather than the Si type.

beyondaurora

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    If you are an Intuitive, you certainly are more likely to identify with uberfuhrer'r description of the Ni type rather than the Si type.
    P.S. I caught a typo in your post. I feel so accomplished now.

MBTI
    INXP

Si:compares past experiences to present objectively
    Ni:constency in ideas and thoughts...thru internal framework...personal 'aha' moments.

I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if someone already posted this...
    AKA: Choss

It's not theoretically possible

Interesting novel thoughts proliferate

Incessently needing to ponder

I never think practically

It's never too precise

Insane nerds throwing parties

I'm not the problem

I'm not that popular

MBTI
    ENFJ

Why melancholy? Why longing?