Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    So are Ni types more liking to daydream then? Or zone out during a conversation or class?
    Yes.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

So are Ni types more liking to daydream then? Or zone out during a conversation or class?
    I'm sorry, what was the question again? I totally zoned out
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Also, when describing her weekend, she'll go into incredible detail, and she'll *speak about the details* and she remembers everything. Me, I am quite vague, I don't think the details are terribly important (or even interesting) and sometimes have to think hard to remember what I did two days ago -- because the little things aren't as important to me, so I don't make it a point to remember, maybe.
    Ni seems to remember what impeded or sparked the imagination. Discomforts like cold, headaches, et c and great things (Like a concert of great musicians).

Ni also is more vague, and less sure when describing things, Si has concrete evidence, and thus is sure of themself (Though the evidence might be wrong). Ni might see what might be missing and gets less sure.

Si can spot contradictions a mile away. Ni doesn't see them often (At least in my case)

That kind of thing gets me in so much trouble in chemistry labs
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

INFJs seem more concerned with having loved ones grow and become better people while ISFJs seem more concerned with keeping their loved ones safe and comfortable and happy.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    HAHAHA I do this alllllll the time. I feel so bad too.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Si can spot contradictions a mile away. Ni doesn't see them often (At least in my case)
    Why do you think this is? Ni is more likely to be open to possibilities beyond one realm?
    Come to the edge, he said,
    They said:
    We are afraid
    Come to the edge, he said.
    They came,
    He pushed them,
    and
    they flew.
    -Guillaume Apollinaire

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

INFJs seem more concerned with having loved ones grow and become better people while ISFJs seem more concerned with keeping their loved ones safe and comfortable and happy.
    That's so true!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Why do you think this is? Ni is more likely to be open to possibilities beyond one realm?
    The Si internal model is more rigid, since it deals with tangible rules.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Also, when describing her weekend, she'll go into incredible detail, and she'll *speak about the details* and she remembers everything. Me, I am quite vague, I don't think the details are terribly important (or even interesting) and sometimes have to think hard to remember what I did two days ago -- because the little things aren't as important to me, so I don't make it a point to remember, maybe.
    This is key. Si is usually sequential on such details as well. Ni tells the most interesting thing first and may get on to themes rather than what actually happened.

Other tiebreakers...Most Si's know where they park at malls, where they put their keys, why they store things where they store them, etc.

If you ask a question like, "If you could be part of any tv show, which one and why?" Si's often give practical answers--host on a travel show or being part of an ideal family, etc. Ni's immediately think of Star Trek or other fantasies...

Si also is generally aware of social norms, traditions, and needs. Ni's have to work really hard at staying attentive to such things. My mom (ISFJ) had rules like not allowing us to stir chocolate sauce into our ice cream (to make a malt in our bowl...) without asking permission for fear we would do it at Grandma's house...
    edcoaching

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Si can spot contradictions a mile away
    even if we're not sure right away what the contradiction is, we can sense one. Someone has disturbed our comfort zone, our stability.

One thing I was just thinking about. On a relationship thread, some of us ISJs (strong Si) were saying that we waited for a relationship to just "feel right," and people were asking "what exactly are you waiting for?" This, along with other problems I try to solve, I think starts out with the info-gathering phase being loosely structured like that. And this might be when it kind of looks like Ni. Si tries to collect and soak in as much data and info as possible, then lets it settle down to get a general impression. Once Si has built that impression out of the all the info, Te or Fe goes to work structuring and organizing it, and making a decision or plan.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching
    Si is usually sequential on such details as well. Ni tells the most interesting thing first and may get on to themes rather than what actually happened.
    Yeah, Si remembers details in a sequential and direct way. This is what I meant when I said that once you pull up that detail, everyone will see it and understand it. Because it's more direct.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 12-23-2008 at 04:55 PM. Reason: edcoaching
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    even if we're not sure right away what the contradiction is, we can sense one. Someone has disturbed our comfort zone, our stability.

One thing I was just thinking about. On a relationship thread, some of us ISJs (strong Si) were saying that we waited for a relationship to just "feel right," and people were asking "what exactly are you waiting for?" This, along with other problems I try to solve, I think starts out with the info-gathering phase being loosely structured like that. And this might be when it kind of looks like Ni. Si tries to collect and soak in as much data and info as possible, then lets it settle down to get a general impression. Once Si has built that impression out of the all the info, Te or Fe goes to work structuring and organizing it, and making a decision or plan.

What do you guys think?
    That's pretty accurate. In fact if I'm coaching ISJ executives and they're mulling decisions too long, I force them out of their office, make them interact in the environ,ment that will be affected by the decision, and dang, Te or Fe kick in and they figure out how the data adds up to the best choice...
    edcoaching