User Tag List

View Poll Results: What characterizes me best?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Female-Left Handed-I have pretty extraordinary cognitive and executive skills

1 2.70%
  • Female-Left Handed-I have some kind of inability(eg spatial awareness,inborn health difficulties...)

0 0%
  • Female Left Handed-I am intelligent and capable person

3 8.11%
  • Female-Right Handed-I have pretty extraordinary cognitive and executive skills

1 2.70%
  • Female-Right Handed-I have some kind of inability(eg spatial awareness,inborn health difficulties..)

0 0%
  • Female-Right Handed-I am intelligent and capable person

10 27.03%
  • Female-Ambidextrous-(specify in post)

3 8.11%
  • Female-I use other organ than my hands to day to day activities-(specify in post)

0 0%
  • Male-Left Handed-I have pretty extraordinary cognitive and executive skills

3 8.11%
  • Male-Left Handed-I have some kind of inability(eg spatial awareness,inborn health difficulties...)

2 5.41%
  • Male-Left Handed-I am intelligent and capable person

3 8.11%
  • Male-Right Handed-I have pretty extraordinary cognitive and executive skills

3 8.11%
  • Male-Right Handed-I have some kind of inability(eg spatial awareness,inborn health difficulties...)

0 0%
  • Male-Right Handed-I am intelligent and capable person

7 18.92%
  • Male-Ambidextrous-(specify in post)

1 2.70%
  • Male-I use other organ than my hands to day to day activities-(specify in post)

0 0%
123 Last

Default Left - handedness

This topic includes poll

As we know, left handedness could have a serious impact on psychological aspects of the person. Two sides of a coin are either improvement or impairment.

According to certain theories, also gender plays role here. Women are supposedly not affected by left handedness so markedly than men.

Do you have encountered interesting alterations in human personality, caused supposedly by left - handedness?

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Many lefties I've known personally seemed quirky, and creative Thinking types. At times, some of the females seemed slightly lacking in a few typical female gender role qualities, and vice-versa. Socially awkward in some way or another, regardless of introversion or extroversion. Dry humor. Highly intelligent.

Personally, I write with my right hand, but with regard to overall handedness, I have what is referred to as cross-dominance (not to be confused with actual ambidexterity. http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-dominance). I chose "ambidextrous" in the poll, as cross-dominant wasn't an available option.

I'm not sure if there's any actual correlation with handedness, but I'm sort of a mix between my own gender-role, and fairly creative, and not incredibly social. Dry humor is great to me. So are painfully corny puns. I vary between emotional intensity and being totally aloof. High IQ. Self sufficient. Total klutz with regular tasks, but great with random things like changing my shoes while driving. Good penmanship. Looks like the speech-bubble text used in most comic books.

I recently injured my left shoulder, and can't use my left arm/hand for a lot of things. I feel incredibly restricted/handicapped right now.

I tend to hypothesize that my handedness was a learned behavior, to an extent. I'm not sure how much genetics come into play when it comes to handedness. My mom's a righty (a shy & emotionally unstable ESFJ), & my dad was a lefty (ENTx). My older brother & primary playmate growing up, was also a lefty (ESTP). My dad was in the navy & out to sea a lot, & died when I was 9. My mom worked a lot, so my brother & I were left to our own devices. I believe it's possible that I was born right-handed like my mother, but developed cross-dominant motor skills from modeling after my brother.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

well i'm a male and i'm left handed...I think i'm pretty normal..all though the only thing I do with my left hand is eat and write. Everything else I use my right hand for. I've only met one freaky left handed person and she always played the victim and I think she was bi-polar. I don't think that had anything to do with her being left handed though.

MBTI
    INFP

Of the left-handed people I can think of, I never noticed anything particularly weird in their personalities, male or female. They all have a vast array of personalities, like I would expect to see in right-handed people.

One guy was pretty weird, but more in an autistic way lol. And I had an art teacher who was left-handed and liked to suggest that being left-handed meant they used their more creative side of the brain more, but she was pretty normal to me. And I remember one of my leftie friends having trouble using a pair of scissors with her left hand, but that just speaks more on the right-handed majority society we have and the ergonomics of common products. But I think generally, left-handed people should be pretty well adjusted. I mean we don't live in a day and age where it's really looked on as evil anymore. Though that reminds me, I did know of one guy who was originally left-handed and his mom forced him to write with his right hand. He was pretty weird.

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Many lefties I've known personally seemed quirky, and creative Thinking types. At times, some of the females seemed slightly lacking in a few typical female gender role qualities, and vice-versa. Socially awkward in some way or another, regardless of introversion or extroversion. Dry humor. Highly intelligent.

Personally, I write with my right hand, but with regard to overall handedness, I have what is referred to as cross-dominance (not to be confused with actual ambidexterity. http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-dominance). I chose "ambidextrous" in the poll, as cross-dominant wasn't an available option.

I'm not sure if there's any actual correlation with handedness, but I'm sort of a mix between my own gender-role, and fairly creative, and not incredibly social. Dry humor is great to me. So are painfully corny puns. I vary between emotional intensity and being totally aloof. High IQ. Self sufficient. Total klutz with regular tasks, but great with random things like changing my shoes while driving. Good penmanship. Looks like the speech-bubble text used in most comic books.

I recently injured my left shoulder, and can't use my left arm/hand for a lot of things. I feel incredibly restricted/handicapped right now.

I tend to hypothesize that my handedness was a learned behavior, to an extent. I'm not sure how much genetics come into play when it comes to handedness. My mom's a righty (a shy & emotionally unstable ESFJ), & my dad was a lefty (ENTx). My older brother & primary playmate growing up, was also a lefty (ESTP). My dad was in the navy & out to sea a lot, & died when I was 9. My mom worked a lot, so my brother & I were left to our own devices. I believe it's possible that I was born right-handed like my mother, but developed cross-dominant motor skills from modeling after my brother.
    OMG! Thanks for that link. I just read this part:

"A person who is Cross-dominant can also be stronger on the opposite side of the body that they favor; for example, a right-handed person can be stronger on the left side."

I've always known that my right arm was stronger than my left, and yet I use my left hand for fine motor movements. This explains me perfectly .

I tend to favor my left ear, eye, and hand, but I kick with my right leg. How do you determine leg dominance anyway? Is it the one you kick with or stabilize with?

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    How do you determine leg dominance anyway? Is it the one you kick with or stabilize with?
    I'm certainly no athlete, so I couldn't say for sure. I'd assume it's the one you kick with, as that's seemingly the more "active" motion. Then again, the one you stabilize with is steadying your entire body, correct? So stabilizing could actually be the "motion" that requires the most coordination on your part... hmm...

What's your avatar from? It looks so.. epic.

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I'm certainly no athlete, so I couldn't say for sure. I'd assume it's the one you kick with, as that's seemingly the more "active" motion. Then again, the one you stabilize with is steadying your entire body, correct? So stabilizing could actually be the "motion" that requires the most coordination on your part... hmm...

What's your avatar from? It looks so.. epic.
    I have no idea. I just found it on google by typing in sorcerer. Image search of course. Oh, and I looked it up and found that it was supposedly the leg that you kicked with.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I'm left-handed and I'm tired of those stinkin' right-handed scissors.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    I'm left-handed and I'm tired of those stinkin' right-handed scissors.
    I just turn them upside down. Works for me .

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    I looked it up and found that it was supposedly the leg that you kicked with.
    I guess that would make sense, as you were noted: "A person who is Cross-dominant can also be stronger on the opposite side of the body that they favor; for example, a right-handed person can be stronger on the left side."

I've always known that my right arm was stronger than my left, and yet I use my left hand for fine motor movements. This explains me perfectly.

Following that logic, it makes sense to me that your right leg would be the stronger one, that is, if kicking isn't considered a "fine" motor skill.