• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Left - handedness

What characterizes me best?

• Female-Left Handed-I have some kind of inability(eg spatial awareness,inborn health difficulties...)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Female-Right Handed-I have some kind of inability(eg spatial awareness,inborn health difficulties..)

• Female-I use other organ than my hands to day to day activities-(specify in post)

• Male-Right Handed-I have some kind of inability(eg spatial awareness,inborn health difficulties...)

• Male-I use other organ than my hands to day to day activities-(specify in post)

• Total voters

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Now that I think of it, all the lefties I know usually are very intelligent, or can do things quickly and can multitask.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I am a lefty, but with lots of cross-dominance (I think).
I play paino, drums, bass, guitar and a few other instruments. All right handed, if it applies. On drums this crossing has been very beneficial.
I have good spacial awareness, very good hand-eye coordination, and can track moving objects well. I sometimes forget which is left, though.
Left-handed people are different. They just have a slightly different way of approaching the world, IMO. I can't really define this, but I can often tell when a person is LH'ed without seeing them write, or which wrist has a watch on it (almost always the non-dominant hand). I don't know what, but there is something there.
I don't buy that lefties are more intelligent than righties. I've known many less than bright lefties to think that. There are plenty of retarded and autistic LH'ers; more than in the general population, in fact. I belive that whatever events in-utero contribute to hand-dominance, also can cause cognitive deficiencies.
Lefties have a thicker corpus callosum (the band of connective tissue that connects the two hemispheres), which might account for the ability to think both logically/sequentially and creatively/non-sequentially.