User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 221

  1. #111
    deleted
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    No need to provide an argument unless you are going to show viable references of facts. The fact is that Socionics uses the same cognitive functions created by Jung. The difference is that when Socionics focuses on the four letter codes from MBTI, they believe that the final code is a small j/p letter giving homage to the rational/irrationaldominant function, regardless of whether its extraverted or introverted. I have no problem with that argument, in fact in reading Jung's work I would surmise that he would most likely have considered Socionics’ theory since contrary to Myers-Briggs opinion, he does recognize and believe that the dominant introverted function of any type is as recognizable as extraverted functions. Now if I have that wrong, point me to a site that shows different. Otherwise subjective opinions are all that is being given in this discussion. In the end and as I have said regarding your threads here and at INTPc, if you really want to do Socionics justice, stop writing questions with MBTI codes in mind and focus on the three letter codes of Socionics. By the way, I relate more to Maxim (LSI) than Gaben (SLI) in Socionics, ergo I would be ISTj, not ISTp, because I dominate with Ti not Si.
    Nonetheless, you may be missing the point, because "Te" in socionics claims to be partly what MBTI "Ti" is, thus socionics believes that MBTI applies a bit of false reasoning.

    A socionics theorist might conclude that you are an ISTp, if you have been tested ISTP, because what is applied to MBTI "Ti" has been more reasonably explained as socionics "Te," being a creative function as well as an extroverted function. So most basically ISTP and ISTp are the same type, but ISTp happens to have clearer definition backing it up as well as its relation to other types.

    You are not automatically an ISTj if an ISTP that you claim to always have dominant Ti, because Ti (introverted thinking) is of an older branch of theory than white square (introverted thinking.) This explanation may seem a bit gilded though it is simply theory, and it so happens to be the theory of socionics.

  2. #112
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    INFP- and great test, I must add..it really asked in depth questions, and not generalities, like most MBTI sorters..it was easy to take, and didn't require a lot of hard decision making.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  3. #113
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    INFP- and great test, I must add..it really asked in depth questions, and not generalities, like most MBTI sorters..it was easy to take, and didn't require a lot of hard decision making.
    Did we take the same test? I spent like ten minutes trying to figure out what the hell these even meant...

    Learning comes quickly to you, and you like to take action immediately

    You seek out activities where people are totally engaged in what they are doing

    You tend to promote your thinking as it is essential to your well being and sense of inner peace

    You don't give in to the pressure of what others think unless you can't get the desired results
    Something like half of the other questions were ones that you see on all of the type sorter tests, like these...

    You focus on what is immediate, practical and real

    You like logic and tend to pursue things in a clear sequence

    You usually plan your actions in advance

    You frequently and easily express your feelings and emotions

    You easily see the general principle behind specific occurrences

    You believe the best decision is one that can be easily changed

    You value justice higher than mercy
    I mean, not to be an asshole or anything...but the only thing especially different about this test is that there are fifteen or so "tricky" questions. And these are only "tricky" insofar as they are difficult to understand from a simple semantic viewpoint. And it manages to work the generalities just as well as any other test out there, so let's not get carried away with the praise here.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  4. #114
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    761

    Default

    You are the
    INFJ

    INFJs are quietly forceful, original, and sensitive. Tend to stick to things until they are done. Extremely intuitive about people, and concerned for their feelings. Well-developed value systems which they strictly adhere to. Well-respected for their perserverence in doing the right thing. Likely to be individualistic, rather than leading or following.

    Like Apollanaut I felt I was going to get something very different, but actually got my type.
    That aside, I liked it very much.

  5. #115
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Did we take the same test? I spent like ten minutes trying to figure out what the hell these even meant...

    Something like half of the other questions were ones that you see on all of the type sorter tests, like these...

    I mean, not to be an asshole or anything...but the only thing especially different about this test is that there are fifteen or so "tricky" questions. And these are only "tricky" insofar as they are difficult to understand from a simple semantic viewpoint. And it manages to work the generalities just as well as any other test out there, so let's not get carried away with the praise here.
    Agree, the wording of the questions seemed overcomplicated, there were several I had to take a moment to work out what the hell they even meant.

    Struggle to see the improved accuracy from other tests as well as so many people are getting E/I mixed up and then some, but yes, I know, I know, they must be mistyped!

  6. #116
    Senior Member "?"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    TiSe
    Posts
    1,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    Nonetheless, you may be missing the point, because "Te" in socionics claims to be partly what MBTI "Ti" is, thus socionics believes that MBTI applies a bit of false reasoning.

    A socionics theorist might conclude that you are an ISTp, if you have been tested ISTP, because what is applied to MBTI "Ti" has been more reasonably explained as socionics "Te," being a creative function as well as an extroverted function. So most basically ISTP and ISTp are the same type, but ISTp happens to have clearer definition backing it up as well as its relation to other types.

    You are not automatically an ISTj if an ISTP that you claim to always have dominant Ti, because Ti (introverted thinking) is of an older branch of theory than white square (introverted thinking.) This explanation may seem a bit gilded though it is simply theory, and it so happens to be the theory of socionics.
    You are discussing hypotheticals. If what you are saying is true (which forgive me but I am not taking your word for it without evidence) then Socionics cannot say they follow Jung. Either they do (which he makes clear distinctions between Te and Ti) or they don't. Don't speak in approximates when this is easily determined if you have evidence of what you're proposing Lemon. I am not missing a point since you are so far only provided an opinion and interpretation but nothing factual.

  7. #117
    Senior Member "?"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    TiSe
    Posts
    1,167

    Default

    Look all of you who are making arguments for Socionics here. Can any one of you provide references or facts to back up any claims? I have no problem (which I did in post #109) providing information to at least allow the forum to review to make their own decision. If you cannot, then admit every argument being made is an opinion and personal theory.

  8. #118
    now! in shell form INA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    You are the
    ENTP

    ENTPs are creative, resourceful, and intellectually quick. Good at a broad range of things. Enjoy debating issues, and may be into "one-up-manship". They get very excited about new ideas and projects, but may neglect the more routine aspects of life. Generally outspoken and assertive. They enjoy people and are stimulating company. Excellent ability to understand concepts and apply logic to find solutions.
    ---

    This again
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Look all of you who are making arguments for Socionics here. Can any one of you provide references or facts to back up any claims? I have no problem (which I did in post #109) providing information to at least allow the forum to review to make their own decision. If you cannot, then admit every argument being made is an opinion and personal theory.
    No you look. You can't make that argument, because it's all theory. Theory against theory. Whichever makes more sense wins, and Socionics theory makes more sense than MBTI theory, if for no other reason than J/P actually match up to the damn primary functions.

  10. #120
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    I developed this 41 question test with many variables in mind. I took into account theories on temperament, preference, and the functions. The fact that this test has many variables indicates that it is quite an accurate and reasonable personality test. I have seen complaints about personality tests because they miss out on significant defining questions from different categories of theory, thus leading to its inaccuracy. If you are unsure about your personality type or want to give testing another try, this test will prove very accurate. I put a lot of thought into sorting every personality type when designing this and a select few questions have been recycled from other tests. This test has had astonishingly influential mind-changing results with the original sample of people and it gives much insight to personality types. It has been recommended by the majority of its takers and many have said they have realized their type for the first time though this tool, after other tests have resulted otherwise.

    Take TypeSorter to find out your personality type.
    For once a test where you did not need to think what is meant.
    INTP

Similar Threads

  1. "Strangely accurate personality test" (Post results)
    By lunareclipze in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 10-07-2017, 12:47 AM
  2. The Harvard Color Personality Test: Highly Accurate!
    By Norexan in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-28-2017, 11:43 AM
  3. The Strangely Accurate Personality Test
    By Charmed Justice in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 03-19-2014, 11:45 PM
  4. Philosophical personality test
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 323
    Last Post: 09-03-2013, 10:06 PM
  5. Where Can I Find An Accurate Personality Test?
    By Mondo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 06:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO