• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dichotomy

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Number: odd.
Loci: Not odd ;)

Does the loci number the number in the loci?
No.

What does the loci number number?

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
The loci number is a statement of classification within a greater structure. The individual is an organic constituent within this structure. As such, the individuals unite to establish structure. Together, they satisfy a definition of structure.

When singularly examined, we realize we are guilty of presuming each is a replica of the greater host. Individuality demands otherwise...

1 + 1 + ... = system
system -1 -1 ... =/= individual

United we stand.
Divided we are free.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
The loci number is a statement of classification within a greater structure. The individual is an organic constituent within this structure. As such, the individuals unite to establish structure. Together, they satisfy a definition of structure.

When singularly examined, we realize we are guilty of presuming each is a replica of the greater host. Individuality demands otherwise...

1 + 1 + ... = system
system -1 -1 ... =/= individual

United we stand.
Divided we are free.
How true.

One does not divide.
It is divided only by an outside agent.

Teddy Roosevelt knew what.
A wisdom gone?
I hope not.

Is a dichotomy a two party?
Only when it is finished.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
To divide ourselves and others is only human, otherwise we wouldn't have races, phrenology or political parties ;)

An outside division is easier to see.

When we divide others into categories we're being "logical," when others place us in a category they're being racist/sexist/agist/intolerant. Forgetting the log in our own eyes it seems :(

We are so accustomed to dividing that we often divide ourselves- I'm a human bento box... it happens, we're all control freaks in a way and divisions are a manner of controlling.

To name is to have power, to divide is to get power over naming. Look at the scramble for Africa :)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
To divide ourselves and others is only human, otherwise we wouldn't have races, phrenology or political parties ;)

An outside division is easier to see.

When we divide others into categories we're being "logical," when others place us in a category they're being racist/sexist/agist/intolerant. Forgetting the log in our own eyes it seems :(

We are so accustomed to dividing that we often divide ourselves- I'm a human bento box... it happens, we're all control freaks in a way and divisions are a manner of controlling.

To name is to have power, to divide is to get power over naming. Look at the scramble for Africa :)
Yes. :)

That reminds me of my school days. The teachers labelled me as a bad student, and the teachers were labelled by me as idiots.

One day the teacher of history changed. I did not label her and she did not label me.
We two had interesting conversations in class. That kind of thing may happen when we stop to label.

In general discussion is banned in Finnish schools, especially in the college.
Free exchange of ideas is a threat to the authority figure.
Authority is control. Control is power. Power is division.
A threat to power is questions asked.

In Africa, as it was in the Balkans, a minority in one country is a majority in the neighbour country. Thereby the civil war spreads from one country to another, and yet to another.

In Switzerland they have four nationalities. Why the Swiss live in peace? They do not divide? They do.

They are Swiss in the first place. Why? The Swisshood was not forced on them.
It was the invention of the free peasant.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I agree with whatever and Night.
A dichotomy is a rebound.

Your morality is in the hand of the other.
The morality of the other is in your hand.

Dogs weary bark.