User Tag List

First 123 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    The folks over at INTPc often talk about a chameleon mode. Though, my sister that's an ESFJ, I often make fun of her, telling her she's a chameleon, because she always changes her personality to mirror who she's with.
    Maybe the approaches are different, but the results the same. The INTP may detach and conduct himself in a certain mode, responding to the general perception he has of his company but be so at a distance he still maintains his internal disposition; the ESFJ may ingrain themselves so deeply into someone else's shoes, there is no separation of identity internally or externally. I'm not familiar enough with ESFJ functions to know if they're capable of this/do this on a regular basis.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

The most "mentally flexible" types are ENTP and INTP. ENTP is the most prone to acting unlike their natural tendencies though.

As for most difficult to type, I'd concur that it's an INFJ. Swines always bury everything in their boots!!!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Judging from the number of folks running around where they're not even sure of their types here, INFJ.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Judging from the number of folks running around where they're not even sure of their types here, INFJ.
    We need to enclose those people in a room alone for 24 hours with nothing but a chair and a notepad, and monitor their activity. That's when their type shows.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

as far as me typing, i have often mistyped the few INFJs i know.

that being said, in regards to the first post and title, i dont believe there is a jack of all types. what makes people hard to type is the external environment in which they and we live in. this is what gives people certain amounts of depth or broadness. everyone thinks completely different at their core so in that way it is impossible to say that there is a jack of all trades considering by definition of types, everyone is different. so like i said, it depends on nurture and not nature.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

I guess a lot of types can be social chameleons, but what about when you're just observing a person who is alone? Or a person who is actually doing things that they decided to do instead of mirroring all the idiots around them? I didn't think this "social chameleon" thing would get in the way of my question because I figured being a social chameleon does not equal to lying in conversations or doing things that you would never otherwise do just to fit in. Sure, some people do that, if they are really pathetic... but usually the things that people mirror are very insignificant and light, and not much of an indication of their type or perceived type.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

mbti describes something we dont understand to well... the human cognition. of course this is reflected in behavioral things too but a lot of behavior is a mirror of what one observes around them. so even when isolated, a person is still going to mirror what they have learned and understand, their environment. now you will see less of this "mirror" but people only mimic what they know. and your right, the things people mimic wont be an indication of type.

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

Mahatma Gandhi

MBTI
    LoLz

They can also be mimicking things that their mind is subconsciously "approving" of. You wouldn't mimic something that you didn't like if you had any say in it. The processes are very basic. The resources we have to understand the processes focus a lot on the application of the processes in real life. Even a lot of descriptions on the internet are still pseudo applications. You have to look at why they're making you do something.

That goes back to motivation. One cognitive process could make you want to do something for a selfish reason that is something your dominant and auxiliary processes aren't sufficient at handling. Take me for instance. If the cognitive process stuff with ISTJ is true, then I'm not that great at handling abstractions. I can vouch for that. If I get too much into a theory of something, I start to get exhausted. However, my thinking process makes me see the utility of the MBTI, so it makes me push further into a sea of knowledge of it, regardless of the fact that I can only take the "ideas" part of it in small doses at a time.

That's just my own take on it. I guess that's real introspection?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

well put ^

Mahatma Gandhi

What about you INTj's? Isn't ni the function that most easily shifts perspective? I swear I remember reading that somewhere.