User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 29

  1. #11
    WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Proving something to be impossible is impossible
    Gödel's incompleteness theorems - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  2. #12
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    To stand naked on a mountain, wielding the sword of truth, fresh cuts all over the body, breathing fast and deeply is possible.

    To write a good grade at my university is impossible.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  3. #13
    Senior Member placebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    492

    Default

    It's all relative

  4. #14
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauche View Post
    Say where are your boundaries between what is possible and what is impossible.

    Take it both subjectively (for me personally) and objectively (at all)
    good question, possibvle ids defined by how much time you are willing to sacrifice, your lifespan.

    death itself makes everytrhing impossible because it gives a deadline to everything you ewant to achieve,

    however without death, anything would be possible given infinite time.
    In other words, we would not know what is possible and ewhat is impossible until the day we achiebve it before our death.

    There are limitations in this physical world which makes things impossible, such as fear, pain, gravity ,other people's interference, limited intelligence, and most importantly your own brain. However, some of things can be defied by pure psuychological will. The laws of physics also give alot of limitations and narrow the scape of what is possible.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  5. #15
    Courage is immortality Valiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    If universe is infinite, nothing can be impossible.

    Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

  6. #16
    Senior Member Gauche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by untypable View Post
    The laws of physics also give alot of limitations and narrow the scape of what is possible.
    But what if laws of physics are not the ultimate laws? How could we be sure that there is nothing deeper?

  7. #17
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauche View Post
    But what if laws of physics are not the ultimate laws? How could we be sure that there is nothing deeper?
    But then the universe we experience wouldn't be expressed the way it is. However, the Copenhagen interpretation does make an interesting argument when it comes to the reality of something we cannot detect. So your argument could be there.



  8. #18
    Senior Member PinkIceTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Its hard to tell whether or not things are impossible... If they haven't been done yet, or we haven't had the means to achieve it yet, it doesn't meant its impossible. You can only assume something to be "impossible", but hard to prove.

    So, almost anything is possible, in my opinion!

    Proving something to be impossible is impossible
    agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I call it ENFP crazy eyes.
    "Love is not a product of reasonings and statistics. It just comes--none knows whence--and cannot explain itself." -Mark Twain, Eve's Diary

    "Laughter which cannot be suppressed is catching. Sooner or later it washes away our defences, and undermines our dignity, and we join in it -- ashamed of our weakness, and embittered against the cause of its exposure, but no matter, we have to join in, there is no help for it." Mark Twain

  9. #19
    Buddhist Misanthrope Samvega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,068

    Default

    Everything is possible, the only thing that's impossible is perfection and even that's subjective.

  10. #20
    Resident Snot-Nose GZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    1,771

    Default

    Anything that happens is possible, everything that doesn't happen is impossible. If it's possible, it will probably happen, or at least manifest in some way (i.e. nuclear war hasn't happened, but it's possible, and the bombs exists and a few have been dropped). Imagination is irelevant; we can't imagine that much because we are biased and, compared to the entire spectrum of nature, ignorant and uneducated. What makes us think humans can imagine anything on a grand, cosmic scale of posibility anyway? That just seems absurd.

Similar Threads

  1. What is not the type of the person above you
    By Smilephantomhive in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 08-21-2016, 10:02 PM
  2. Is dialogue possible and what if its not?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 11:29 PM
  3. [INFJ] INFJ and Love - Is not having it an issue that needs fixing?
    By kccrush in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-08-2010, 07:16 AM
  4. [ENFJ] Judging who is good for you and who is not
    By lasdf23 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 12:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO