User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I am not in any real way a J (I laugh when someone tries to insinuate I could be, obviously they have not seen me in real life!) ... but when I get *really* angry, I start washing dishes and cleaning up and whatever else I can do as far as physical concrete tasks go into order to burn off the energy.

(If I don't, I think I'll explode.)

From the outside, it's quite hilarious to watch myself do this... talk about a frenzy of activity from someone who is normally so reserved/understated.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Have you ever done this?
    When I would get angry, I would start cleaning and detailing while I thought about my angry feelings.
    I don't so much clean as I do cook. Maybe it's the Italian upbringing.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I am not in any real way a J (I laugh when someone tries to insinuate I could be, obviously they have not seen me in real life!) ... but when I get *really* angry, I start washing dishes and cleaning up and whatever else I can do as far as physical concrete tasks go into order to burn off the energy.

(If I don't, I think I'll explode.)

From the outside, it's quite hilarious to watch myself do this... talk about a frenzy of activity from someone who is normally so reserved/understated.
    My INTP friend goes to the gym every time he's angry/frustrated. He says HAS to burn it off or he'll explode -but he always does it in some sort of frenzy like you described. Or maybe it just looks like a frenzy because of his normally calm demeanor...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by quietgirl View Post
    My INTP friend goes to the gym every time he's angry/frustrated. He says HAS to burn it off or he'll explode -but he always does it in some sort of frenzy like you described. Or maybe it just looks like a frenzy because of his normally calm demeanor...
    ha, maybe you're right... Maybe I still look like a Slowskie, but just after they've had a few shots of caffeine. ("Look at that turtle go! It must be... 3mph! Wow!")

Part of it is the stuffage. I just can't stuff anymore, and it is like a lightning bolt coursing through your brain, scrambling everything. Bye bye, conscious thought; all I can do is motor-related tasks.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by quietgirl View Post
    Does this happen to anyone else? Getting stuck in your introverted functions when you're down in the dumps & not utilizing your extraverted functions enough to pull yourself out of it?
    Oh yes!! I get 'stuck' easily in my introverted thoughts.

And the silly part is that each time it happens, it's like it's the first time; I kinda allow myself to stay stuck, because of the concept of 'working through all of it'.

My thoughts tend to revolve around the same sorts of topics, so I always revisit the same things, over and over.

The net result is that I usually completely emotionally and mentally exhaust myself. I think it takes exhaustian on all levels for me to be done with it. :-) And I often think I would have had the same net outcome, had I not gone there to begin with, and just done activities instead, and avoided the mental/emotional strain. ;-) After exhausting myself, I am then completely refreshed, calm, and can enter life with gusto, until the next time a stressor pushes me inward.

It's an odd thing. I'm getting better at it over time though. I think.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Have you ever done this?
    When I would get angry, I would start cleaning and detailing while I thought about my angry feelings.
    No, I tend to throw things. But my father is an INTJ and he does do what you do. My mother often jokes about making him angry on purpose so he'll finish his latest project.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    No, I tend to throw things. But my father is an INTJ and he does do what you do. My mother often jokes about making him angry on purpose so he'll finish his latest project.
    LOL! Your mom. She's funny.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I normally verbally vent. If it's too bad for that, I like to go for a walk or just run away from home for awhile. Go get a soda and read a book by myself for an hour or two.

If I'm cleaning, I'm usually in a foul mood but the cleaning (or rather that I'm the only one cleaning) is the cause of the foul mood, not the other way around.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Caffiend View Post
    INFJs do seem to share common interests

I've been posting on a weather board for almost three years now, and it would be safe to assume that at least 90% of the posters there are IN's.... When polled, 38% of the board came up as INFJ.
    I know a long hair board with disproportioned amount of INFJs & INTJs. When polled IN's were most common, with INFJs, INTJs, INTPs, INFPs and ISTJs cleary most common ones. The INFJs and INTJs were the most represented thought.

MBTI
    INxJ

I think INJs spend the most time online. Well, INTPs too.