User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    And the late 60s and 70s were very very NF, and based on the 1939 World Fair the Depression era and WW2 was NT, the 20's were SPish. Hmmm, I wonder if there is a cycle here...
    That's interesting. What would you call the 80's & the 90's?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Caffiend View Post
    INFJs do seem to share common interests

I've been posting on a weather board for almost three years now, and it would be safe to assume that at least 90% of the posters there are IN's.... When polled, 38% of the board came up as INFJ.
    Which weather board? That's a huge interest of mine & I'd love to find a good one.

Might as well add another INFJ to the mix...

MBTI
    xNFJ

Quote Originally Posted by quietgirl View Post
    I wonder if this is an INFJ thing, actually. I've read that we tend to be the more "T" of the NF's and the more "P" of the J's - whatever that means.
    Interesting. Someone mentioned that INFJ males often appear like INTPs.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by quietgirl View Post
    The J/P & T/F sections drive me up a wall. Do you have a messy desk? Yes, I do - but I'm definitely not a P. I also have a messy room & when I'm tired, my house can look like a downright disaster (though I tend to keep my house clean in case I get company, as I wouldn't want to make my guests uncomfortable - yay Fe). Are you more task oriented or people oriented? Well, my J need for closure & completion tends to be a bit more task oriented - especially when I am in the process of working towards a goal & even more so when I am close to a deadline. Does that make me a T??

I wonder if this is an INFJ thing, actually. I've read that we tend to be the more "T" of the NF's and the more "P" of the J's - whatever that means.
    Yes, that's the funny thing...my room is the only place in the house that will be a complete wreck. Otherwise the rest will be pretty picked up. I think it has to do with associating certain physical areas with our brains. As in, the more thinking/brain activity you have in one area of a place, the more likely it is to be messy like our brains.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Everything outwardly visible in my apt. is quite organized and clean, and I like to have things just so. I also really enjoy decorating and making the aesthetics appealing, and unique to my own tastes.

However, inside my desk drawers, or inside the kitchen cabinets, or how my closets tend to become after living somewhere more than a couple of years...they are kind of disaster zones.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by xNFJiminy View Post
    Interesting. Someone mentioned that INFJ males often appear like INTPs.
    Having known two INFJ males really well, I strongly disagree. The INFJ vibe is very different. Yes, they will procrastinate quite a bit for J people, and they are drawn to abstract, often T-dominated material. They are, however, much less emotionally detached and more sensitive in their deeper thoughts - closer to a "feminine" stereotype. They conceal it well.

By sensitive, I mean to other people's feelings, an Fe sensitivity. INTPs can sensitive in that they may be hurt by people close to them, but they are less likely to factor other people into decision making.

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I think percentages might have something to do with this INFJ comparison wrongness. I agree with TLL about how there are 3 million infj's in US but they flock together at what might be commnon interests- like going online and participating in forums so that's why it may seem unauthentic at times to see lots of INFjs and there are probably lots of people who really don't know how to properly or effectively go about typing themselves and mistype themselves period- insert any type here.

Not all INFJ's are going to look the same and I think that is why people can tend to speculate and accuse so much.
    Some may be only a little more F then T so they are going to be different then an INFJ who is extremely F. They may seem like an INTJ to a strong F just by comparison but they are in fact both still INFJ's. I know that I have a lot of E in me but I am more Introverted so I am going to look different from an INFJ who is more I then I am but we are both still I's but it looks and acts differently. We both still have/use Ni as the dominant function and Fe as the next one.

I think heart brought up an excellent point of the cognitive functions test as another type of helper if one is trying to learn/distinguish what they are.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    ENTJ

Here's one for all you INFJ's: You rock!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Yes, that's the funny thing...my room is the only place in the house that will be a complete wreck. Otherwise the rest will be pretty picked up. I think it has to do with associating certain physical areas with our brains. As in, the more thinking/brain activity you have in one area of a place, the more likely it is to be messy like our brains.
    Makes sense. I've kept a messy room since I can remember. The only times I've kept it neat have been when I had a serious relationship & the person was there a bunch or when I haven't spent much time in there. There was a point in college when I had a very sociable roommate and consequently, a group of friends that were always at the apartment. I kept my room clean during that time. However, the more time I spend in my room, the more of a disaster it becomes. I do find that it gets worse when I'm trapped in Ni or tertiary Ti mode & spending the majority of the time inside of my head (and usually this happens when I'm going through a stressful time).

Does this happen to anyone else? Getting stuck in your introverted functions when you're down in the dumps & not utilizing your extraverted functions enough to pull yourself out of it? If I use my inferior Se to bump my Ni ideas into action, it's like an instant picker upper. It's not the easiest thing for me to access that function - but when I make my ideas tangible, I get this instant high. An example of this is when I get into what I like to call my "artistic mode" - I've made the craziest Ni inspired artwork - very abstract, borderline understandable (well, *I* understand it!), and layering on a mess of unrelated techniques to form one final project. I do the same thing with cooking, too. It's the best form of therapy I've found!

Anyway, I definitely see your theory with the messy head = messy room.

MBTI
    INTJ

Have you ever done this?
    When I would get angry, I would start cleaning and detailing while I thought about my angry feelings.