User Tag List

First 678

MBTI
    ENTP

My S friends complain a lot about their illnesses. It's as if they need more consolation and attention than others when sick. And they seem to take all little ailments very seriously.

Ns I know ignore their physical condition to the point that when they finally get to the doctor's appointment the first thing they hear is: "Why didn't you come sooner?". I don't know why. Maybe an N thinks she can't get ill ie. refuses to believe it. Or is convinced that she'll find a cure herself - without a doctor (an authority).

But of course this is not a quick way to analyze S/N

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Sachetan View Post
    My S friends complain a lot about their illnesses. It's as if they need more consolation and attention than others when sick. And they seem to take all little ailments very seriously.

Ns I know ignore their physical condition to the point that when they finally get to the doctor's appointment the first thing they hear is: "Why didn't you come sooner?". I don't know why. Maybe an N thinks she can't get ill ie. refuses to believe it. Or is convinced that she'll find a cure herself - without a doctor (an authority).

But of course this is not a quick way to analyze S/N
    Maybe the N doesn't even notice the illness?

This reminds me of a conversation I had with an INFJ at work. She was trying a new hairdo at work. I asked her how she liked it and she said she was just giving it a test run that day to see if it should stay. The way she said it made me think she was waiting to acknowledge the new hairdo's existence. I asked her, "So, you're trying it out today, and if you actually like it, you're going to acknowledge that this new hairdo on your head exists?" She said "Exactly."

I'm not sure how other S's take illnesses. I hate them with a passion, but in an ISTJ way. It drastically disrupts my daily life and that's why I hate them. I don't care about how it makes me feel. I only care about how it's disrupting what I need to be doing. My sister is ENFJ and feels the same way about it. However, my ESFJ mother and sister hate how being sick makes you feel.