User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    I

This is the toughest category (S/N) to judge if you know a person and are trying to type them. I can usually tell N's easily if they think of things in a different way than I do, and in a unique, more imaginative way. I perceive things more directly.

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    The humanmetrics test can get a lot of ST's mistyped as NT's because of the contemplation questions. An ST can find themselves exposed to a lot of N things out of interest, but it doesn't mean it comes as easily to them as it would for an N.
    Very good point, raz.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I usually identify Ns - if I'm just observing people from afar - as the people that stare up and off to nowhere when they are thinking, or intimidatingly, while talking.

Just something I've picked up along the way. This mostly derived from the fact that I do that, and the Ns that I know personally do that as well.
    I do that a lot, and I'm definitely an S.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Niki, I'm not sure it's the fastest way, but if you talk to someone for about 5 minutes, and the words "what if" come out of their mouth multiple times in that conversation, I think you're likely talking to an N.
    This is a good one. I don't like to use "what if" at all. For the most part, I look at things as they are.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I do that a lot, and I'm definitely an S.

This is a good one. I don't like to use "what if" at all. For the most part, I look at things as they are.
    Uhh. I tend to use What if a lot, but more directed toward a specific situation in a manner of preparation, not in a general sense.

I was contemplating the difference between the Ni user and the Si user in terms of thinking for the future.

Ni - What could be? What if?
    Si - What will be. The what if are still directed towards realistic scenarios.

Edit: Just noticed timing of this thread: Fail bump by other user... >_>

MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

^ ^
    I work with an ISTP who seems almost unable to tolerate me at times because of this one. I get a lot of, "Well, that isn't very realistic..."
    "Don�t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

[SIGPIC]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/evillinclinations/fortune45.gif[/SIGPIC]

...and yes, I'm still on about that...

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    Uhh. I tend to use What if a lot, but more directed toward a specific situation in a manner of preparation, not in a general sense.
    Haha alrighty then. I guess it was just me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

How to quickly tell?

Ask: "Are you an S, or an N?"

"How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

The other day I went fishing with my Dad (ISTP), my cousin (ENTP) and a family friend (likely a ESTJ). My cousin and I were, for some reason, discussing time travel and predestination paradoxes.

My Dad turns to the family friend and says, "Some people's minds just never stop".

This to me is one of the major differences between Ns and Ss. An N just can't stop mentally pulling things apart and trying to work them out, purely for the sake of understanding it all. An S deal more with what's around them, what is concrete and what necessitates attention.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    The other day I went fishing with my Dad (ISTP), my cousin (ENTP) and a family friend (likely a ESTJ). My cousin and I were, for some reason, discussing time travel and predestination paradoxes.

My Dad turns to the family friend and says, "Some people's minds just never stop".

This to me is one of the major differences between Ns and Ss. An N just can't stop mentally pulling things apart and trying to work them out, purely for the sake of understanding it all. An S deal more with what's around them, what is concrete and what necessitates attention.
    I don't mean to blast your theory, but I love discussing time travel, paranormal, and other unreal things. Just because it's interesting to me. And I'm an S.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post

Thats not a typical ISTP response, yo may want to try retyping him based in functions themselves. ISTPs are Ti dominant, my mind never stops thinking. A typcial ISTP response to an N conversation is say where theories fall apart. I love philisophy for the fact that it is like a goal, but I can give so many reasons why we will never reach that goal and I can also get into so many reason why we still need to push toward it even though we will never reach it. Basically I make the theory practical, I pull out of a theory the reason why humanity needs to strive towards it and why we need to believe in it even though it may fall apart at so many levels.