User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Most... is not all. Why try to figure it out yourself if somebody else has done the work already? Asking the question only takes 2 seconds.
    Yes, but then it would involve more time explaining it to them, with zero results since they couldn't tell me so I'm still left with the question, plus I had to use more energy explaining something to them that I sort of understand but can't explain properly.

Easiest way for me is how they react when I inevitably start asking questions that have nothing to do with all things terra firma.

There is a connection with another N that is hard to explain, it's like a spark of familiarity, less so with an NT for me, but still there to some extent.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    LOL!

This whole post tickles me, from the opening sentence to the N vs. S misunderstanding of "hypothetical".
    It appears raz is one of the few (probably like 3) on the forum who's capable of differentiating applications of rhetoric.

My applause to you raz.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

How about this, is this any good? Two girls are dating the same guy, and he picks one. The one he didn't pick is FURIOUS because she wears so much better shoes than the girl that was chosen. Gotta be an S, right?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    How about this, is this any good? Two girls are dating the same guy, and he picks one. The one he didn't pick is FURIOUS because she wears so much better shoes than the girl that was chosen. Gotta be an S, right?
    It could also be a rodeo clown, denying a more serious character flaw.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Yes, but then it would involve more time explaining it to them, with zero results since they couldn't tell me so I'm still left with the question, plus I had to use more energy explaining something to them that I sort of understand but can't explain properly.

Easiest way for me is how they react when I inevitably start asking questions that have nothing to do with all things terra firma.

There is a connection with another N that is hard to explain, it's like a spark of familiarity, less so with an NT for me, but still there to some extent.
    Of course there's a connection with Ns... that's not really my point though.

Why would you want to know whether somebody is an N or a S? Because you'll likely be interacting with said person for at least the next little while. Would you randomly try to type every person walking down the street? I sure wouldn't... it'll be meaningless.

If you ask them do they know of their MBTI type and they say no. Then ask you about it... then it's the perfect opportunity to define their type by having them answer questions. I think that'll be a whole lot more accurate than you judging as to whether they're paying attention to their surroundings or not.

In other words, what's the purpose of the quick read? To just randomly assign a type? Or do you actually want to get it right?

MBTI
    ISTP

Or do you actually want to get it right?
    I think you'll find most people simply want to classify others... simplify their world view, put people into little boxes.

I wish I could say otherwise, but that's the tendency... The N/S highlights it well, with a lot of 'you don't understand because you are a...'.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I think you'll find most people simply want to classify others... simplify their world view, put people into little boxes.

I wish I could say otherwise, but that's the tendency... The N/S highlights it well, with a lot of 'you don't understand because you are a...'.
    *smacks head*

Never mind then... keep going with your categorizing... :steam:

MBTI
    ISTP

Never mind then... keep going with your categorizing... :steam:
    Just to be clear, I was talking in general - I didn't read the posts that led up to it

MBTI
    LoLz

Of course there's a connection with Ns... that's not really my point though.

Why would you want to know whether somebody is an N or a S? Because you'll likely be interacting with said person for at least the next little while. Would you randomly try to type every person walking down the street? I sure wouldn't... it'll be meaningless.

If you ask them do they know of their MBTI type and they say no. Then ask you about it... then it's the perfect opportunity to define their type by having them answer questions. I think that'll be a whole lot more accurate than you judging as to whether they're paying attention to their surroundings or not.

In other words, what's the purpose of the quick read? To just randomly assign a type? Or do you actually want to get it right?
    I don't know.....this thing called communication? As long as you don't get too black and white about it.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Throw something at their head. If they catch it, they're S, if it hits them, they're N. If they get pissed about it, they're J.
    I could image you saying that by looking at your avatar picture. To determine S or N, try talking theory to them. S types will attempt to bail. N types will probably be taken in. J types will get pissed off and yell at you at the minimum.