User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I usually identify Ns - if I'm just observing people from afar - as the people that stare up and off to nowhere when they are thinking, or intimidatingly, while talking.

Just something I've picked up along the way. This mostly derived from the fact that I do that, and the Ns that I know personally do that as well.
    I do this. It's like I have to make a conscious effort to think. My husband says, "It looks like you're having a thought. Congratulations!"

Then I tickle him to death.

Yes, I think we're full of quirky fun.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    ...Then I tickle him to death.
    I can think of worse ways to die.

Niki, I'm not sure it's the fastest way, but if you talk to someone for about 5 minutes, and the words "what if" come out of their mouth multiple times in that conversation, I think you're likely talking to an N.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Yeah Ns are likely to bring in hypotheticals.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by evan View Post
    Yeah Ns are likely to bring in hypotheticals.
    Be more specific. As an ISTJ, I can surround you with hypothetical "what might happen if we do this?" questions. That doesn't mean I'm an N, just that I'm obsessed with preparation.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Throw something at their head. If they catch it, they're S, if it hits them, they're N. If they get pissed about it, they're J.
    that's funny but not true...haha...i have super fast reflexes like a ninja girl
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

like someone mentioned above, a lot has to do with modes of speech. abstract modes would be intuitive and concrete modes would be sensor. this is mentioned in Please Understand Me Part II.

now my personal opinion and my way of observing people:

just as a disclaimer, this is a very off hand way of describing it. it's very hard to formulate into words so i dont expect this to make sense but i generally type people with a 90% accuracy without even speaking to them.

SJ -> direct, focused, but aware of external environment look in their eyes and body language. they have an obvious cool and focused intensity.

SP -> seem to be aware of external environment but almost don't seem to care about it. this is the hardest for me to explain, its obvious when you see an SP though. i dont wanna say aware of external environment but layed back because that would be too easy

sensors in general seem like they have an idea of what is going on.

NF -> somewhat graceful in movement. they have a certain fluidity to them (especially NFPs). almost never have a focused or direct look in their eyes, always somewhere else. from the NFs i know, it seems that they are always looking around but never focusing on anything.

NT -> you can pick an NT out of a crowd without a problem. movements seem almost forced. many that i know (NTPs especially) crane their neck forward (though ive noticed this in a few NFs). many times i see NTs with a look of almost disgust or a smirk on their face, like they are criticizing something in their head.

intuitives in general dont SEEM like they have any idea what is going on
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    how?
    what is the quickest/fastest, and most efficient ways to know right-away if the person is an N, or an S , when you encounter 'em in daily-life & surrounding you?
    I don't think there is a fool-proof method, to be honest.
    It depends how well you know the system already,
    and what you know and what you don't know.

I think N and S are the toughest to discern because those cover how a person prefers to take in information. Since we can't see them thinking, we have to wait for them to say something.

I guess my ISTP husband would say that an N is more likely than an S would be to not see something and bump into it. An S would be more likely to be eavesdropping on conversations or paying attention to their surroundings.

Never forget this is about preferences, so if you have limited contact with someone, it's possible you might be catching them at a time when they might not be using their preferred dimension.

Once a person starts talking, you can kind of tell what type they might be by how literal and specific they tend to be, or whether they frequently use general statements and give the general idea of something.
    It's always better when you know a few real-life examples to compare with.
    I don't personally feel comfortable jumping to conclusions about someone's type.
    I just deal with the individual dimensions.

For instance, my INFP sister absolutely hates it when I want to help her do something the "quickest/fastest, and most efficient way". So frankly, I tend to think all INFPs have a tendency to consider speed and efficiency unimportant in meeting their goals in life. Just because you said that, should I assume one of you is not an INFP?

No. What I do, is assume I don't know enough yet.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    Be more specific. As an ISTJ, I can surround you with hypothetical "what might happen if we do this?" questions. That doesn't mean I'm an N, just that I'm obsessed with preparation.
    LOL!

This whole post tickles me, from the opening sentence to the N vs. S misunderstanding of "hypothetical".

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Check their name tag at the MBTI meet-up.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    like someone mentioned above, a lot has to do with modes of speech. abstract modes would be intuitive and concrete modes would be sensor. this is mentioned in Please Understand Me Part II.

now my personal opinion and my way of observing people:

just as a disclaimer, this is a very off hand way of describing it. it's very hard to formulate into words so i dont expect this to make sense but i generally type people with a 90% accuracy without even speaking to them.

SJ -> direct, focused, but aware of external environment look in their eyes and body language. they have an obvious cool and focused intensity.

SP -> seem to be aware of external environment but almost don't seem to care about it. this is the hardest for me to explain, its obvious when you see an SP though. i dont wanna say aware of external environment but layed back because that would be too easy

sensors in general seem like they have an idea of what is going on.

NF -> somewhat graceful in movement. they have a certain fluidity to them (especially NFPs). almost never have a focused or direct look in their eyes, always somewhere else. from the NFs i know, it seems that they are always looking around but never focusing on anything.

NT -> you can pick an NT out of a crowd without a problem. movements seem almost forced. many that i know (NTPs especially) crane their neck forward (though ive noticed this in a few NFs). many times i see NTs with a look of almost disgust or a smirk on their face, like they are criticizing something in their head.

intuitives in general dont SEEM like they have any idea what is going on
    that is SO funny to me!! i mean...i know it's serious and everything but it's funny to me that people behave this way...i do totally...and how funny is that?
    i love that and am totally going to be thinking of that now when i meet people haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison