• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Signature gazes and types

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
yeah...the really frustrating thing for me is that i can't verbalize it...but i can sense really strongly the interaction i would have with both and the kind of questions they would ask and the softness vs the aloofness of their tone and body language.
That's an important consideration. I was just thinking about it, but forgot to post. :)

Body language, of which facial expressions are part of, has been around longer than speech, and I would assume it's used by all mammals (and likely all reptiles and birds) to discern mood and intent in others, and they certainly wouldn't be able to explain it verbally.

Humans have even more to go by than do other animals, as how we prepare ourselves (grooming, clothing) can also say something.

Gauche

Oh guys OK, that's basic perception of the person, it's the impression you get after very short while, or immediately after first glance; one person seem more kind, one more cruel, one more emotional, one more rational and so on..

I was trying to say that though we have the impression about someone, still there are many things we don't know about the person at the first glance. Maybe the second guy is a mass murderer, and he's trying to interest you by talking about poor animals in Africa and then kill you. And eat.:cheese:
It's that deeper level we cannot determine what it contains, actually we cannot know which one would be a scientist or which one would be a humanist. We might assume who is who by impressions the get, and maybe it would be true. But it can't be for granted until we know them deeper. So it was kinda strange to determine which guy is scientist and which is animal lover for me, based only on photo.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
It's that deeper level we cannot determine what it contains, actually we cannot know which one would be a scientist or which one would be a humanist. We might assume who is who by impressions the get, and maybe it would be true. But it can't be for granted until we know them deeper. So it was kinda strange to determine which guy is scientist and which is animal lover for me, based only on photo.
Someone should get more scientist/vegetarian matches to see if we can tell the difference.

There was a computer programmer/serial killer picture test posted here a while back, and most people did well.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Look i'll skip alot of details and make it short, i'm going for a walk.
as living creature we react to external stimuli.
As humans, the way we react is defined by alot of factors also defining what we'll call our personnality and consciousness.

So let's take F, who's reaction to the world externally or and internally are more interpersonnal\emotional. They will obviously developpe a larger palette of 'faces', expressions, way of speaking and behaviors expressing 'feelings'.

We could try to do the same with I E . S N. F T. P J or their interactions (NT NF S...) and see if there could be differences.

It's also about self image. Somebody percieving himself as 'a thinker' and expressing himself as such is less probable to be seen making :D faces with a thousand 'subtile feely messages'. and even less on a picture supposed to 'show him' in one shot.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ooohhh...i wanna see it. i think i can sense inherit evil within...let me see!! let me see!!
or maybe not...may be too frightening...i might not like that a bit.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Someone should get more scientist/vegetarian matches to see if we can tell the difference.

but those are more activities than characteristics defining the way we react to our environnement as a whole. a job or particular thing is just too specific.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
but those are more activities than characteristics defining the way we react to our environnement as a whole. a job or particular thing is just too specific.
There is an undeniable trend for scientists to be NT, and vegetarians to be NF. As is the case with the first example.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
There is an undeniable trend for scientists to be NT, and vegetarians to be NF. As is the case with the first example.

That's not what i'm talking about. It's just too specific. We have to take 'broader' things. Not particular preferences over one way of life.

We're not asking if extroverts like to go out to that particular night club but if extroverts like to go out more relatively to introverts(crude exemple)

Skyline

I know I'm late with it but...

It's the "I'm calculating the trajectories of artillery shells" look, vs. the "I'm worried about the animals in Africa" look of the NF. -> haha!

EcK, good last posts.

We still don't have enough SJ , NF , SP and NT pics to gaze at!

G

garbage

But it can't be for granted until we know them deeper. So it was kinda strange to determine which guy is scientist and which is animal lover for me, based only on photo.

Well, right. But a first guess can be useful, even if it later turns out to be wrong. To me, it's all a matter of how that guess is used.

When it comes to professions, certain personality types are drawn to certain professions because it allows them to exercise their strengths. That's not to say that a scientist must be an NT or that an NT must be a scientist.. but knowing that someone is a scientist can say something about their personality.

Of course, in any profession, there's also a niche for those of different personality types within them.. such as NT therapists or NF scientists.

Edit: misread part of the discussion

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I could post a pic of a vegetarian... oopps and maybe a scientist will have to check through my album!

G

garbage

What if I'm a vegetarian scientist?

They're two conflicting factors, the combination of which might cancel each other and say nothing about you. One's profession and one's moral stances both imply a lot about someone, and in this case they might be seen as being in completely different directions. In other words, I'd need more information about other factors. We might also look at how committed you are to your vegetarianism and how much you like your job.

That's reality.. it's bound to happen that we have information that points to different conclusions. Sometimes, however, it's more clear-cut.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I've not noticed a trend of NFs being vegetarian. On the NF board I post at there's only one or two others besides me and I'm pretty darn sure I'm not NF.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
seriously, and this is directed at anyone/everyone, how is that different from an NF gaze?

ENFP gaze has something I spot really easily. There is a twinkle that grabs me. On VI I get ENFPs 100% of the time. Once you see yourself enough, you recognise it in others. I can't type an INFP and ENFJ by VI though, so the idea of an NF gaze is a little misleading. ENFPs have the twinkle (inspiration look), INFJs have the melancholy(thoughtful caring look). NPs seem to have a global thing that I see though. There is that feeling that there is a universe behind the eyes.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I haven't fucked up that bad in a long time. Oh well!

What you spot in the eyes is Fi. You went ENFP because it gives that vibe. But excited ISFP looks extroverted so has the same. You didn't read for intuitive, because you got grabbed by that vibe. I had the same problem, and wanted to type ENFP first up. But compare the look with ErinAvery's eyes. It lacks the I've got your brain on toast for breakfast but trust me with all your secrets part that the ENFP has.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
It lacks the I've got your brain on toast for breakfast but trust me with all your secrets part that the ENFP has.
wow, if that's the enfp: P You just gotta tell me what the entp eye sends.:cheese: