User Tag List

First 15232425262735 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    yeah...the really frustrating thing for me is that i can't verbalize it...but i can sense really strongly the interaction i would have with both and the kind of questions they would ask and the softness vs the aloofness of their tone and body language.
    That's an important consideration. I was just thinking about it, but forgot to post.

Body language, of which facial expressions are part of, has been around longer than speech, and I would assume it's used by all mammals (and likely all reptiles and birds) to discern mood and intent in others, and they certainly wouldn't be able to explain it verbally.

Humans have even more to go by than do other animals, as how we prepare ourselves (grooming, clothing) can also say something.

Oh guys OK, that's basic perception of the person, it's the impression you get after very short while, or immediately after first glance; one person seem more kind, one more cruel, one more emotional, one more rational and so on..

I was trying to say that though we have the impression about someone, still there are many things we don't know about the person at the first glance. Maybe the second guy is a mass murderer, and he's trying to interest you by talking about poor animals in Africa and then kill you. And eat.
    It's that deeper level we cannot determine what it contains, actually we cannot know which one would be a scientist or which one would be a humanist. We might assume who is who by impressions the get, and maybe it would be true. But it can't be for granted until we know them deeper. So it was kinda strange to determine which guy is scientist and which is animal lover for me, based only on photo.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Gauche View Post
    It's that deeper level we cannot determine what it contains, actually we cannot know which one would be a scientist or which one would be a humanist. We might assume who is who by impressions the get, and maybe it would be true. But it can't be for granted until we know them deeper. So it was kinda strange to determine which guy is scientist and which is animal lover for me, based only on photo.
    Someone should get more scientist/vegetarian matches to see if we can tell the difference.

There was a computer programmer/serial killer picture test posted here a while back, and most people did well.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Look i'll skip alot of details and make it short, i'm going for a walk.
    as living creature we react to external stimuli.
    As humans, the way we react is defined by alot of factors also defining what we'll call our personnality and consciousness.

So let's take F, who's reaction to the world externally or and internally are more interpersonnal\emotional. They will obviously developpe a larger palette of 'faces', expressions, way of speaking and behaviors expressing 'feelings'.

We could try to do the same with I E . S N. F T. P J or their interactions (NT NF S...) and see if there could be differences.

It's also about self image. Somebody percieving himself as 'a thinker' and expressing himself as such is less probable to be seen making faces with a thousand 'subtile feely messages'. and even less on a picture supposed to 'show him' in one shot.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

ooohhh...i wanna see it. i think i can sense inherit evil within...let me see!! let me see!!
    or maybe not...may be too frightening...i might not like that a bit.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Someone should get more scientist/vegetarian matches to see if we can tell the difference.
    but those are more activities than characteristics defining the way we react to our environnement as a whole. a job or particular thing is just too specific.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    but those are more activities than characteristics defining the way we react to our environnement as a whole. a job or particular thing is just too specific.
    There is an undeniable trend for scientists to be NT, and vegetarians to be NF. As is the case with the first example.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    There is an undeniable trend for scientists to be NT, and vegetarians to be NF. As is the case with the first example.
    That's not what i'm talking about. It's just too specific. We have to take 'broader' things. Not particular preferences over one way of life.

We're not asking if extroverts like to go out to that particular night club but if extroverts like to go out more relatively to introverts(crude exemple)

... In theory.

I know I'm late with it but...

It's the "I'm calculating the trajectories of artillery shells" look, vs. the "I'm worried about the animals in Africa" look of the NF. -> haha!

EcK, good last posts.

We still don't have enough SJ , NF , SP and NT pics to gaze at!

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Gauche View Post
    But it can't be for granted until we know them deeper. So it was kinda strange to determine which guy is scientist and which is animal lover for me, based only on photo.
    Well, right. But a first guess can be useful, even if it later turns out to be wrong. To me, it's all a matter of how that guess is used.

When it comes to professions, certain personality types are drawn to certain professions because it allows them to exercise their strengths. That's not to say that a scientist must be an NT or that an NT must be a scientist.. but knowing that someone is a scientist can say something about their personality.

Of course, in any profession, there's also a niche for those of different personality types within them.. such as NT therapists or NF scientists.

Edit: misread part of the discussion