• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Number One

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
The shrink tests you.
She does not bother to ask your estimation.
Of yourself.

Maybe she is in the wrong :smile:

Are you

sanguine
choleric
melancholic
or phlegmatic

intensive
expansive
stable
or
sensitive

in your own estimation.

State the following:

Enneagram only if you have it.
Function order only if you bother.
MBTI

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
Here is a book that is the story of a world or country divided up into those four ancient temperaments.Divided Kingdom by Rupert Thomson

I always wondered what the term "phlegmatic" referred to, and so I took the opportunity just now to look it up. I wondered if it's origins might be traced back to at some point having the term "phlogiston" as part of the weave. My initial research shows that "phlogiston" was derived from ancient Greek ( "burning up" ) but whose original development as a "scientific concept" was more related to Germany. "Phlegmatic" seems to refer to a temperament possessed by those who remained "calm during a storm", which describes the way I see "NT's" viewing themselves. In my brief dallying on the subject, though, I saw no connection between "burning up" and "storm" ( such as the concept "firestorm" might have suggested. )

wolfy

awsm
That's an interesting book kuranes. According to it I'm the chosen type Sanguine. But wikipedia says saguine was once treated with leeches!

Wildcat I'm 9w8 and ISFP, function order? I don't know.But I know this I'm easy going with another more determined side.

All this typology stuff is very useful wouldn't you agree? A mirror to look into.

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
That's an interesting book kuranes. According to it I'm the chosen type Sanguine. But wikipedia says saguine was once treated with leeches!
Maybe you could switch it to Lychee instead. No tickee, no leechee. No suckaz, peer-i-udd. :) Yeah, I'm thinking of reading the book. have to remember to put it on a list or something...

G

garbage

Choleric and intensive, definitely.

1w2
Te > Ni .. the rest I'm not sure of, but the ENTJ function order sounds close enough.
ENTJ

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I'm a blend of sanguine and melancholic; expansive-stable. I'm a kind of intellectual sanguine. I think one of the descriptions in the website given by kuranes is matching:
As I say somewhere in Divided Kingdom, most writers are sanguine/melancholics — sanguine because they are naive or optimistic enough to think that the world needs yet another book, or that their book might do something no book has done before, and melancholic because of the morbid, solitary and inward-looking nature of writing fiction.

7w8
Te-Ni

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
look at my signature and function order should be the same for all ENFPs (Ne, Fi, Te, Si).

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
phlegmatic + sensitive +

riker%20beard.JPG

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Here is a book that is the story of a world or country divided up into those four ancient temperaments.Divided Kingdom by Rupert Thomson

I always wondered what the term "phlegmatic" referred to, and so I took the opportunity just now to look it up. I wondered if it's origins might be traced back to at some point having the term "phlogiston" as part of the weave. My initial research shows that "phlogiston" was derived from ancient Greek ( "burning up" ) but whose original development as a "scientific concept" was more related to Germany. "Phlegmatic" seems to refer to a temperament possessed by those who remained "calm during a storm", which describes the way I see "NT's" viewing themselves. In my brief dallying on the subject, though, I saw no connection between "burning up" and "storm" ( such as the concept "firestorm" might have suggested. )
Thanks for the link, kuranes. An interesting book.

Yes. The Greek connection is to slime (it stucks in your throat) as well as to the idea of burning.
Fire storm is a compound word. The idea of a storm is to stir, to disturb, to scatter.
It is connected to straw. To strew is to scatter straw.
A phlegmatic does not mind the storm, because he is calm in spirit.
As you say.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP

Wildcat I'm 9w8 and ISFP, function order? I don't know.But I know this I'm easy going with another more determined side.

All this typology stuff is very useful wouldn't you agree? A mirror to look into.
Thank you wolfy.
I wonder if that w8 is typical of the ISFP. We shall see.
Typology provides a mirror. Well said.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Choleric and intensive, definitely.

1w2
Te > Ni .. the rest I'm not sure of, but the ENTJ function order sounds close enough.
ENTJ
I thought ENTJ amounts to choleric and intensive.
1 w2. Interesting.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm a blend of sanguine and melancholic; expansive-stable. I'm a kind of intellectual sanguine. I think one of the descriptions in the website given by kuranes is matching:

7w8
Te-Ni
I think you are right about the fiction.
Expansive and sensitive (melancholic) do blend.

Expansive and stable do not blend. They are opposite poles of a continuum.
Intensive and sensitive are opposite poles of another continuum. They do not blend either.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You may have me for your records, senator.

choleric-Melancholic

Very Sensitive-rarely emotional-always calm

4w5

Fi-Ne-Si-Se/Te/Fe-Ni-Ti

INFP? - LOL

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I think you are right about the fiction.
Expansive and sensitive (melancholic) do blend.

Expansive and stable do not blend. They are opposite poles of a continuum.
Intensive and sensitive are opposite poles of another continuum. They do not blend either.

Ah, okay, so stable=phlegmatic?

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
look at my signature and function order should be the same for all ENFPs (Ne, Fi, Te, Si).
Yes. The average function order for the ENFPs is

Ne Fi Fe Ni Se Ti Te Si
No confusion there.

Maybe you have something to add.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
You may have me for your records, senator.

choleric-Melancholic

Very Sensitive-rarely emotional-always calm

4w5

Fi-Ne-Si-Se/Te/Fe-Ni-Ti

INFP? - LOL
I do see the express opposite of calm.