User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Default Talk to me about percentages and...

rather or not you place much importance on them. I feel like it's hard to give it a lot of weight since tests can be so unreliable but wonder how it effects the expression of different types.

Like for example my F/T was about 60/40 does that mean it's possible I would appear more detached or aloof then someone with a stronger F?

And would that be why I tested as a 7w8 Enneagram which normally corresponds with ENTP?

And would that also mean that someone who was pretty close in all areas would be really hard to type...or is a preference a preference...and the percentages don't really matter because they fluctuate depending on the situation....curious...thanks.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I think we can change our type, percentages don't matter much. I'll try changing mine.

MBTI
    ENTP

It would be more reliable and scientific to assign a percentage to your ice cream flavor preference. You could easily count the number of times in a year that you choose one over the other. But each question in a personality test does not represent a different situation, it's just a different way of articulating the same question. So any variation in the same choice over and over can only really be attributed to fleeting whimsy.
    I don't wanna!

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Small differences between two people in percentages might be indicative of some things, but I'd only really give weight to larger differences. Like a 20% E compared to a 80% E.

Maybe somewhere around 40% or 50% is where I think a difference would most likely be noticeable in two people's personality.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

okay i think i'm understanding correctly then...thanks.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

ya percentages in regards to type are stupid. in regards to the general population, they could have a lot of relevance though i would like to see an updated version from keirseys version
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    rather or not you place much importance on them. I feel like it's hard to give it a lot of weight since tests can be so unreliable but wonder how it effects the expression of different types.

Like for example my F/T was about 60/40 does that mean it's possible I would appear more detached or aloof then someone with a stronger F?

And would that be why I tested as a 7w8 Enneagram which normally corresponds with ENTP?

And would that also mean that someone who was pretty close in all areas would be really hard to type...or is a preference a preference...and the percentages don't really matter because they fluctuate depending on the situation....curious...thanks.
    Yeah the percentages don't mean much. I regularly test close to equal in T/F, most often falling a bit on the T side.

You really gotta do it by function analysis. An Ni dom who uses T more than F is only an INTJ if their Thinking is extroverted. If it's introverted, they're INFJ by definition (like me).

Differences in percentages might signify a difference in actual behavior, or different interpretations of the questions, or differences in mood, or differences in self-perception, etc. Too much variability. The tests don't mean that much anyway...I tested as an ENTJ the first time I took one.

I do think there is variability in function usage within types. But I don't think tests can really pull that variable out.

People close on the one-dimensional spectrums of T vs. F or whatever may still be quite easy to type if one mode of judgment is heavily extroverted or introverted.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ got it...cool thanks.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

ya the problem with percentages is technically you can be 50/50 which doesn't work well with MBTI
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

so...you prefer to look at it more as like a sliding scale...like someone is a moderately expressed extravert or...very feeling...depending on what is observable?

or what?
    -Jim Morrison