User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    LoLz

Default Cell phone conversations

I'm just wondering this after observing a lot of people lately talking on their phones in public. I've never liked having phone conversations with other people around. To me, if I'm talking to someone on the phone, it's private! Is this more of an introvert thing?

What are you guys like talking on the cell phone in public? Is there a correlation to preferences with something like this?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I don't really care, I try to focus on the person on the other end of the line. In public places when I'm on the phone you'll notice I'll have one finger in my other ear, and my eyes toward the ground.

MBTI
    EN_P
    Enneagram
    7or6
    Socionics
    IEE

I usually won't answer the cell in public places. If I do, I'll be hidden in a corner so that it feels more private and always score E over I. I can't stand hearing someone's one-sided conversation in public.

I don't think it's an introverted thing. I don't like to talk to my cellphone in public, as it's personal and I don't want everyone to hear what I'm saying. Plus that I always get the sensation that some people are eavesdropping at my conversation. But I don't mind it that much either.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I hate it when people can hear what I'm saying, so I usually tell the person I'll call them back once I have a bit of privacy.

It's not even that I'm embarrassed about what I'm saying; I just don't like forcing my own information down other people's throats.

(But I guess I usually shield my posts from the people around my computer, too...hmm...must be something deeper...)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

hah, I'm the same way, I feel really nervous when I talk on my phone when others are in ear shot..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INxJ

I dislike cellphones in general. The stupid ring-tones and baubles. The people that speak loudly on them.

I rarely pick up my phone, so speaking in public is never a problem for me.

garbage

I answer in public if it's already somewhat noisy or just plain expected. In many public places, I figure nobody gives a damn about my conversation anyway, so I have no reason to try to hide it. I don't exactly yell over the phone, though; I keep quiet so as not to disturb anyone else.

I never answer when I think it's rude, such as when I need to check out groceries or when I'm with other company. My phone's always set to vibrate, too, but that's more of a personal preference.

MBTI
    INFP

Last Spring I was in a large city alone and it was late in the evening. I stepped into an elevator alone and on the next floor a man got in. I glanced over to check him out safety-wise and then looked away.

In a few moments he said in a low voice, "What are you looking for?"

I didn't look at him and answered somewhat curtly, "Just the first floor."

When we arrived at the first floor I noticed that he had a cell phone to his ear! Oh. Nevermind. Pulse returns to normal. . .
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ISTP

I hate talking on the phone in public. (Actually, I don't really like talking on the phone at all usually, to my girlfriend is the only one conversations usually last more than a minute with.) To me, it's a personal type thing, and I prefer talking in private, if at all.

I have never used the ringer on any of the three phones I've had, always on vibrate.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%