User Tag List

First 123 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I hate answering my phone in public and I almost never speak to someone on my cell phone in public. It just seems incredibly AWKWARD to talk to someone else about something private with a bunch of people around potentially listening (and yes- I do listen in on other people's phone conversations in public! )

I absolutley never answer my phone when out with other people because that's just plain rude.

Though, like evan, I also hide my monitor from others when typing online or even reading things online- I just don't like other people getting all up in my business

And I'm pretty damned extroverted as well...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

if i know its gonna be a deep convo i want it to be private, if its a whatever conversation i could care less
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

I hate talking on the phone in public. I highly doubt it's an introvert thing. Extroverts might care less about it in general, but for different reasons.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    I'm just wondering this after observing a lot of people lately talking on their phones in public. I've never liked having phone conversations with other people around. To me, if I'm talking to someone on the phone, it's private! Is this more of an introvert thing?

What are you guys like talking on the cell phone in public? Is there a correlation to preferences with something like this?

Yea agree. If I'm in public I tend to make my sentences become slightly vaguer or I avoid saying the person on the other end's name, haha, as a strange way to keep private my conversation.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't really worry about talking on the phone in public. But I do think it's funny to listen to some conversations - some people talk so loudly! At college, as soon as everyone gets out of class they've got the phone to their ear looking as if they've got some serious business to attend to. And then they open their mouths and it's about the most mediocre thing you've ever heard:

"Yo dude! Just got outta class. I'm walking."
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by ZiL View Post
    At college, as soon as everyone gets out of class they've got the phone to their ear looking as if they've got some serious business to attend to. And then they open their mouths and it's about the most mediocre thing you've ever heard:

"Yo dude! Just got outta class. I'm walking."

I hate having to listen to them. In fact, I'll start answering the person's voice sometimes. They look over annoyed like "You're interrupting my train of thought" and that's when it hits them....on a delayed basis....yeah.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i always go outside or in another room to talk on the phone and i absolutely will not answer it and talk to someone if i have someone over...unless maybe they are otherwise engaged for a bit.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I usually don't want to talk on the phone to begin with but if I'm in a situation where it wouldn't be rude to answer and the conversation isn't private I don't care where I am. Chances are high that I won't answer to begin with though.

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Chances are high that I won't answer to begin with though.
    *high-fives Trinity*

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    *high-fives Trinity*
    And yet for some strange reason I never leave home without it