User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    LoLz

I can overwhelm extraverts, but only really under the effects of lots of caffeine and sugar. It throws me way over the edge, causing me to lose all regard for the people around me.

I was running around Wal-Mart the other day shopping with my ESFJ mother, picking things up, calculating in my head on the go, and just constantly moving. I just moved past everyone...very quickly. It wasn't really "social," per se. I was just quick and to the point in every conversation. If people dawdled, I just formulated a solution on the spot and moved on. No time for you to just stand there staring!

MBTI
    istp

definitely... personally speaking, ive spent most of my life observing rather than talking, i think that has allowed me to better understand patterns of human behavior, which can be advantageous.

if i had to guess, i would say introverts are more likely to be overwhelmed by large groups of people, but excel and may even surpass the supposed natural social aptitude of extroverts in more intimate settings

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

When introverts extrovert, they are social.

When extroverts introvert, they are asocial.

Also, extroversion is not exclusive to human interaction, but systems and objects, as well. For example, reading or watching television tends to be more attractive to introverts, because it's passively taking data in. Playing video games or sports, on the other hand, is a more extroverted activity, since it's interactive.

Extroverts tend to be talkative, risk-taking, energetic, etc. Note how this isn't equivalent to social skills or even being social. (Many extroverts simply like to hear themselves talk.) It just means you direct your energy outward.

Introverts tend to be better listeners and take things in. This is also important in socializing.

I'd say that a social master is most likely the ambivert; a perfect balance of talking and listening.

MBTI
    INFP

When I'm in a social environment where I feel comfortable, I doubt most people would type me as an introvert. I can come across very extraverted at times.

It seems to me that introverts can be very social people - something that I think is often misunderstood. I don't think that introverts are necessarily quiet or shy, they just require their own personal time away from people.

extroversion is a myth. Extroverts are probably not even aware of the extrovert introvert classification. It is probably just a word invented by introverts (people who don't talk alot and feel left out).

There are people who like to divide people into categories, and there are those that don't.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by untypable View Post
    extroversion is a myth. Extroverts are probably not even aware of the extrovert introvert classification. It is probably just a word invented by introverts (people who don't talk alot and feel left out).

There are people who like to divide people into categories, and there are those that don't.
    heh if you really believe this then your on the wrong forum lol

though there is some truth/danger in that (dividing people into categories)
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

What does one call an extrovert with a social disorder?

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I'd say that a social master is most likely the ambivert; a perfect balance of talking and listening.
    I'm an ASTJ.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I dunno. I only start talking to people after I've exhausted all other options.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by untypable View Post

Oh my god. Some extraverts are unaware of a lot of things. They can only live supposing everyone is like that.

I mean, seriously, you can't mean this?
    INtj | 9w1