• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type the function

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
When I present the next situation. I'm waiting for someone to pick me up, who I think is coming by car. She isn't arriving... Then I see someone at a bike a little away. I start imagining it would be her, complete up to how she would near me and what we might say. Then it turns out it's actually her and she says something that makes clear it's a surprise.

I was wondering if I was imagining with Ne (as opposed to just looking straight away) and when she turned up was again in 'normal perception'. Or was I back in Ti? Or was it that I was imagining with Ti and registrating reality again with Ne (so the other way around)? Do you have an idea?

I understand (came to understand actually by this thought) that N, S are not perceiving, but are effects (indeed: functions) on perceiving, or ways of perceiving.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
A perceiving function, but definitely not Se.

It could be Ne (wondering if this could be them) with just a touch of Si (expecting them to arrive by car). I'd say Ne.

redacted

When I present the next situation. I'm waiting for someone to pick me up, who I think is coming by car. She isn't arriving... Then I see someone at a bike a little away. I start imagining it would be her, complete up to how she would near me and what we might say. Then it turns out it's actually her and she says something that makes clear it's a surprise.

I was wondering if I was imagining with Ne (as opposed to just looking straight away) and when she turned up was again in 'normal perception'. Or was I back in Ti? Or was it that I was imagining with Ti and registrating reality again with Ne (so the other way around)? Do you have an idea?

Imagining is by definition Intuition. Organizing perception (throwing out ideas that make no sense, highlighting ideas that make sense) is Thinking.

"Registering reality" is Sensation. Realizing that it IS reality is Thinking.

I understand (came to understand actually by this thought) that N, S are not perceiving, but are effects (indeed: functions) on perceiving, or ways of perceiving.

True true.