User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    i would say no. the Si will be more of a "novelty" or a "tool" if developed well enough and Fe is unconscious so it doesn't manifest itself directly.
    Si as a novelty (funny word to use in the context of Si, as that's in its contents about unnovelty) ok I can see, but at the moment I am becoming consciously aware of Fe.
    INtj | 9w1

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Even if it were true, this function business, which it isn't, it has no use. Just do whatever you want; ignore it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Are 3rd and 4th really that weak?

If the 3rd and 4th functions are already that difficult to use, where does that leave 5th through 8th? Never seen except under extreme stress? (according to theory)
    its pointless to think about the 5th through 8th... they hardly have relevance (which is partially true for the first four functions, though they do have some application and relevance in retrospect, go temperaments). and the third isn't necessarily that weak, its just not accessed naturally, its something you need to kinda "turn on" to use. for instance, the second i start writing a program my Te kinda turns on and i use it to help me with the logic and such. the Si is unconscious and, like i mentioned above, only manifests itself indirectly

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Even if it were true, this function business, which it isn't, it has no use. Just do whatever you want; ignore it.
    lol
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Of course, you should never let it lead.
    INtj | 9w1

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Are 3rd and 4th really that weak?

If the 3rd and 4th functions are already that difficult to use, where does that leave 5th through 8th? Never seen except under extreme stress? (according to theory)
    I think they've gotten the ordering wrong. There's really no order other than that you tend to use 1st and 2nd more than the rest... but 5,6,7, 8 aren't necessarily any weaker than 3, 4...

People use all 8... it's just like without thought, you're more accustomed to using 1 & 2 more than anything else. You can train yourself to use the rest, but it takes a conscious effort. Deliberate use vs automatic use.

Ha! It's been a while since I've last agreed with you.

People are people, not types. Cognitive function is just a model and should be used as such.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    The third and fourth functions are used in whatever quadrant they're assigned to.

To those traditionally called Introverts (i.e., the primary is an introverted function = Xi rather than Xe), the third function will also be introverted, Yi, and the inferior is extroverted, Ze.

For extroverts, the tertiary is extroverted and the inferior is introverted.

(Was that your question?)
    I have raised this thought before based on my experience and self analysis. I have wondered whether contrary to the succession of functions, someone who actually has a strong attitude toward E or I may affect how weak the auxiliary and subsequently how strong the teiritary function can be in an individual. This would be most noticeable in extraverts who seem to have no ability for introspection, being dependant on external stimulus, or an introvert who uses their auxiliary defensively instead of developing it and finding themselves almost loathing social contact. If that is the case and since I have a strong preference for introversion, maybe I go from Ti to Ni.