User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question about extraverts and contradiction between inner and outer worlds

4w3 sx/so
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Of course. Doesn't everyone? It doesn't bother me, at all.

I don't have a manufactured persona, at least none I'm aware of.
    *sends up the Lat Signal*
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P

Contradiction? No. My inner world is a tiny part of the outer world, and my perception of the outer world is largely impacted by my inner world. I don't think of my experience of awareness as something that happens in an inner or outer world. I just think of it as consciousness. I am consciously aware - everything is just part of that. I don't know why I'd separate them, even if I did pay a lot more attention to one or the other.

Whether I'm looking out or looking in, I'm looking - and that indicates consciousness and nothing more, in my opinion. Everything that I'm capable of perceiving is coming from somewhere and being processed somewhere. It's universal.

I feel that I am quite deep and that my "inner world" is probably comparable to most introverts. I kind of guess that it's like for a lot of extroverts. It's there, we just never thought it was something to celebrate, pride ourselves on, and point out to everybody else. Since it's not our only concern, we don't obsess about it too much, much like how nobody would run around excited about the fact that they have toes. We just have them, no big deal. (But of course, I have no idea what it's actually like to be in someone else's mind, but that's okay, because it's not like I'll ever run short of new experiences within my own.)

I did not take the OP's questions as being about projected personas. If they were, I apologize for my overly insightful answer.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

to a point, my inner world is abnormally rich for an ENFP and its not something i want to throw away
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

It really is like an iceberg for me, but I doubt it's the opposite for extroverts..
    What a waste of life..

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    to a point, my inner world is abnormally rich for an ENFP and its not something i want to throw away
    , it isn't that abnormal. We can seem like we put a lot of ourselves into the outer world, but there is a million times more below the surface. Look at how we work and tell me anyone has a chance of seeking ultimate understanding and staying simple and naive. The complex inner world should be an obvious one. But most people who meet us don't realise it, and some are quite shocked when things emerge from it. You'd think after years of knowing you though they would start to discount the idea that you are random and get lucky, rather than precise. But things still seem to surprise people...
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    do you mean is the person we represent different then the person only we know?

if not really. i mean i am the person i represent but i'm not only that.
    That's.... a bit contradictive isn't it?

Senior Member Array BlahBlahNounBlah's Avatar

I am what I do for, with, and to other people. "Inner life" is nothing but a wank.