• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Giveaways of type

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
What kinds of things do you see people doing in real life that just gives away a certain preference, or combination of preferences immediately?

For instance, the person who is yacking away at you even while you stand there quiet is likely an Extravert.

Or for instance, Bath and Body Works just HAS to be filled to the brim with Sensors.

Or, go to a library, find the people hiding in a corner reading...Introvert spotted in their habitat.

I just thought those kinds of things are interesting to know, the dead giveaways. I guess me saying that is a clear indicator that I'm a Sensor! ;)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Um... do you want this by letter or by sets of them?

Sets: Military members are probably SJs. Besides that, I dunno... I have a few ideas, but I don't want to accidentally offend anyone.

Individual letters: Really abstract people who talk about "negative capability" and deep new-agey metaphors are probably Ns. Obsessive organizers are probably Js. People who cry a lot in movies and such are PROBABLY Fs. Chronically late people are probably Ps.

I'm not sure about any DEAD giveaways, though. And I dunno about that Bath and Body Works comment. I know some N types who like smelly lotion a lot more than I do.

EDIT: This thread is just asking for people to stereotype.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, I've made lists just for the fun of it. Legend has it that ISTJs like to make lists.

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
And I dunno about that Bath and Body Works comment. I know some N types who like smelly lotion a lot more than I do.
If you go to "Bed, Bath and Beyond", you'll find me in the "Beyond" section. ;)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I've made lists just for the fun of it. Legend has it that ISTJs like to make lists.

true from my experience...do you keep yours in your pocket at all times too?

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
true from my experience...do you keep yours in your pocket at all times too?
No, that's actually not very convenient for me, from what I've found. But at home, when I get excited about an idea, I put it in a chart or a list.

But seriously, I have lists, saved on my computer, of things that have no real importance. It was fun to make them, though! :huh:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm like that, too. I organize things that don't need organizing (and yet don't organize things that actually need it). Hey, there's a sign of a J type! If they're really disorganized, they might still be a J if they need other things to be arranged perfectly. (I had a super-disorganized slacker J friend in school who made stem-and-leaf plots of each day's math class assignment problem numbers... just because he wanted to. Yeesh!)

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
Sometimes I feel like I have "accomplished" something just by making a list to do things related to various goals. LOL

Later, if I miss a deadline, I may think "I thought I did that already!" And then I look and see that I had somehow confused "doing" with "intending to do".

Sometimes, as I start to write down something on a list, I will suddenly realize that it is too important to trust to a list that may get lost, and I will simply do it right away, immediately.

Something similar may happen as I am telling a friend about what I need to be doing, just rambling away with them. I mention something that I would have forgotten otherwise. "Whoa ! That was a close one." I'll say to myself. Then I'll have to try to end the conversation politely so that I can take care of it right away.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^^ it's funny...lists piss me off...people that want me to make lists piss me off.
i will occasionally use post it's to say DR'S APT!!!! or something so i don't forget.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I will occasionally write down my thoughts as well, when my head is bursting with ideas. I do it out of necessity though..not for fun :p And chances are, that afterwards I will lose my notes anyways.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
No, that's actually not very convenient for me, from what I've found. But at home, when I get excited about an idea, I put it in a chart or a list.

But seriously, I have lists, saved on my computer, of things that have no real importance. It was fun to make them, though! :huh:

Or the compulsive planning thing? I wanted a santa hat to bring to work. I went to Wal-Mart and couldn't find one in my size. My sister had one that she said would fit me, and asked me to buy a smaller one to replace hers that she would give me. I still couldn't help but tell her, "Ok, I'll do it, but what if your hat doesn't work? What's the backup plan?"

She knows I always want a plan B. I read in a book once, "The only reason plan B exists is to get you back to plan A."

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Or the compulsive planning thing? I wanted a santa hat to bring to work. I went to Wal-Mart and couldn't find one in my size. My sister had one that she said would fit me, and asked me to buy a smaller one to replace hers that she would give me. I still couldn't help but tell her, "Ok, I'll do it, but what if your hat doesn't work? What's the backup plan?"

She knows I always want a plan B. I read in a book once, "The only reason plan B exists is to get you back to plan A."

LOL, you guys are...so funny. If the hat doesn't work you give it back, get her her size anyways (and score some points) and buy a christmas tie or some reindeer antlers instead ;) Just cross that bridge when you get there ;)

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
LOL, you guys are...so funny. If the hat doesn't work you give it back, get her her size anyways (and score some points) and buy a christmas tie or some reindeer antlers instead ;) Just cross that bridge when you get there ;)

I'm surprised hers didn't fit her. ENFJs do have such big heads.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Much less work to get it all done the first time. Yes, now I'm just being difficult. It's a form of humor, for me. ISTJ thing, I guess.

Also mention: really bugs me when threads go off-topic. Got to keep everything goal-oriented... :doh:

Last edited:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Much less work to get it all done the first time. Yes, now I'm just being difficult. It's a form of humor, for me. ISTJ thing, I guess.

Also mention: really bugs me when threads go off-topic. Got to keep everything goal-oriented... :doh:

LOL, you've got a logical point, but where's the fun in that ;)

Btw, I'd say we're providing very obvious clues for our types now, so we're still on topic :p

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
One of the harder things though for me is differentiating an IxFJ and an ExFx. They can tend to come across as similar because of Fe.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
One of the harder things though for me is differentiating an IxFJ and an ExFx. They can tend to come across as similar because of Fe.
Was that part of the reason for starting this thread? Or are you just making an observation?

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Just an observation. I guess that's derailing.