User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I don't understand directing information style. How could it be more effective than informing? Ultimately, people hate and rebel to people with directing style. It's effective in a crysis situation when time cannot be wasted, otherwise...
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    I do both, anyways, though. And I will temper directing statements so they sound a little more informing.

Example:

Directing...

"Be quiet!"

when tempered becomes...

"Shhh! It's hard to hear." (you see here there's the command, followed by information)

which when informing is...

"I can't hear what's being said, you're talking too loud."

and informing tempered by directing, but still informing, would be...

"It's hard to hear, please, keep it down." (here you have information, followed by a command)

OK, I suppose I prefer informing then directing.

I'd say " You're annoying me" then "Shut Up".

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Admittedly I've only once skimmed the whole Directive/Informative/Chart the Course... business, but doesn't that muddle things for the amateur?
    It depends on how deeply the amateur is willing to understand, or what framework he is familiar with, if any. Temperaments, and Interaction Styles (which are just temperaments in a different area of interaction) have been mapped to the MBTI, and temperament is based on expressive and responsive behavior scales. Directing and Informing is one of the responsiveness factors, and is very observable in people's behavior. So with this factor, a person familiar with temperament theory will know where it fits in the types, and it's also a big clue for someone trying to type themselves or someone else.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    So everybody does both how are people deciding their preference? Counting them?

Which one do I prefer?
    lol I guess the method you use most, naturally.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I don't understand directing information style. How could it be more effective than informing? Ultimately, people hate and rebel to people with directing style. It's effective in a crysis situation when time cannot be wasted, otherwise...
    If you really try noticing directing and informing in real life.... If your looking for 'drill seargant' style, then nobody you see will be a directing type.

Enter the stereotypes. Directing isn't neccesarily rude. Sure, "shutup" is directing, but so is "Here. Go to this webpage and read this article, it's really interesting".

And I know that it's also possible to be very irritating with informing. Call it 'attitude'. I know I had one ENFJ blow up in my face when I was being condescending and teasing her about a mistake she made in physics class.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    If you really try noticing directing and informing in real life.... If your looking for 'drill seargant' style, then nobody you see will be a directing type.
    Yeah, I rarely if ever encounter the drill Sargent style.

Enter the stereotypes. Directing isn't neccesarily rude. Sure, "shutup" is directing, but so is "Here. Go to this webpage and read this article, it's really interesting".
    Would the informing version be "Here. You can go to this webpage to read this article, it's really interesting."

And for "shut up", would the informing (and equally rude) version be "Will you please shut up?"
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INxJ

And I know that it's also possible to be very irritating with informing. Call it 'attitude'. I know I had one ENFJ blow up in my face when I was being condescending and teasing her about a mistake she made in physics class.
    Ah, you have to approach NFJs with caution when it comes to judging them in school. They will Fe all over you.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    It's effective in a crysis situation when time cannot be wasted, otherwise...
    You like video games, I see...

(I don't know if that was informative or directive.)

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Ah, you have to approach NFJs with caution when it comes to judging them in school. They will Fe all over you.
    now now, don't make assumptions, that ENFJ actually ended up with much better grades than me.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yeah, I rarely if ever encounter the drill Sargent style.

Would the informing version be "Here. You can go to this webpage to read this article, it's really interesting."

And for "shut up", would the informing (and equally rude) version be "Will you please shut up?"
    No, that's still directing!

hmm. I think informing would be something like "Jeez, you are being such a moron"