• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type do you think has the most potential to be successful?

Chukamok

MBTI Type
IXFP
I'm an INFP software engineer who makes more money than he knows what to do with. Am I successful?

I am also a divorced male and feel isolated and alone. Am I successful?

I think we need to better define what success is.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Keep in mind, this is just a play on theory and stereotypes. From the descriptions, which type do you think is the best set up for success?

If I'm going on the topic title and this is about potential ENFP all the way. Though if we are going on realised potential, ENFP has little chance of ending up unsuccessful because of a wide range of skills, but is less likely to be most successful in any area, due to their wide range of interests and indifference to achievement.

I'm not sure what type it is but the high-achievers that read people well and are good at everything from art to logic to sport. Driven and uncompromising, but make a good impression on people. Think maybe ESTP, but not sure cos I don't know my types that well outside NFs.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think we need to better define what success is.

I agree. Success means different things for different people. I think, in general these days, success means money, money and status.

For some people, who dare differ from this definition of success, they might feel successfull feeling happy in their own lives happy with what they have.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Success

1. the favorable or prosperous termination of attempts or endeavors.
2. the attainment of wealth, position, honors, or the like.

personally, anyone can fit the definition.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Define your version of success and I'll type your potential king(s) of the hill.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Keep in mind, this is just a play on theory and stereotypes. From the descriptions, which type do you think is the best set up for success?

I personally believe the ENFJ.

The have that lucky N streak of genius. They are probably one of the best types with people. That J makes them organized and such.

E = outgoing (seen good in the workforce and the world)
N = Creative (supposedly)
F = Good with dealing with people
J = Theoretically good at getting shit done and not procrastinating.

]Now this is all in fun and jest, so what’s your opinion.

All of the ENxx types are extremely effective at leading large organizations. I could see either ENTx type become a multi-millionaire or billionaire. ENFx types have the skills, but I think they'd be less likely to go for pure business and lean toward something charity or clergy related.

ygolo

My termites win
To me it seems like J is the biggest help in work situations.

E the biggest help in social situations. Also, I think NFs and SPs are much better at reading people (in different contexts) than NTs and SJs.

Also, if you you define success as simply being happy with where you are S is probably better. But if it means looking for a something better Ns are more likely (but it doesn't mean you will find anything).

I don't know. I think EJs in general do best in all areas of life in balance (maybe its "the-grass-is-greener" syndrome on my part since I am most pronounced on my I and P preferences).

ENFJs are probably (on the whole) the most charismatic as a group. But they may also have impossible dreams/goals.

Nigel Tufnel

MBTI Type
ENTP
15 years of actively observing type at tech companies I'd say ENTJs are best executives, ENTPs best entrepreneurs.

ENTJs often have below average technology skills, so they don't do well at startups even with their other strengths. They're good though for technology-light companies growing out of a startup phase. I'd bring in an ENTJ to run a company started by an ENTP.

ESTPs are best at self-promoting within a corp, but are more likely to rise to a position that focuses on a particular area of interest, like an advanced sales engineering job rather than the job of running the whole company, which is better left to an ENTJ. ESTPs are more interested in showing others how the product works than developing a grand vision for everyone else to follow.

Seen a lot of ESTJs struggle. They often have good grades and go to good schools, and are good at developing professional networking skills, but don't do well with the chaos you often get at tech companies. They do very well at stable, big companies, but at the same time seem to like the appeal of entrepreneurship which they are not cut out for. ESTPs are also fairly weak entrepreneurs, but are better than ESTJs at convincing investors they are worthy.

Seen tons of INTPs, many like their daily work, but often focus too heavily on advancing science than increasing revenue. Their careers often plateau in mid-level engineering, but they are essential to product development.

Most Feeling types move to Sales, HR or Marcom (Marketing Comms) even when they have degrees in engineering. See a lot of ESFJs involved with trade show planning. See a lot of ESFP and ENFJ salespeople out meeting customers with ESTP sales engineers. Feelers often hit plateaus though because of a lack of product knowledge.

Just my observations about my industry, and as time passes, more I believe type is far more important than quality of grad school attended, past companies worked for, etc. in order to fill the right job with the best person.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Of the people deemed "successful" by shallow western standards I would say the most common type would be ESTJ as it's an ESJ world (especially the corporate world) almost every structure is set up to suit them. Of the successful group the most successful would probably be the _NTJs.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
EXTJs in general I think, and maybe IXTJs
I think most of the successful 'exceptions' would be INXPs [but maybe I am biased!]

Suzanne Brue

MBTI Type
ENFJ
ESTJs would agree they are the most successful. They generally tend to be pretty pleased with themselves.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
What about ENTP?

People who beliebe in themselves succeed. Working your way up a large organization may be good for the ETJs, but they still depend on the boss's income and approval to survive. Most self made capitalists realize it is a free world and are not afraid to put their ideas into motion.

anyone who is not afriad to experiment to stand out, and refuse to follow the stupidity of the herd will succeed.

Most EP types, sooner or later will realize that it is a free world and all the rule following and coporate conformity are just BS. They are set up to force ignorant stupid people to work like slaves to generate money for capitalist bosses.

Honestly, though I do not give a fuck about workaholism and coporate conformity. Despite a large number of the population doing this, they are not the way to success, as they had nothing to do with generating profit in capitalist world.

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
Of the people deemed "successful" by shallow western standards I would say the most common type would be ESTJ as it's an ESJ world (especially the corporate world) almost every structure is set up to suit them. Of the successful group the most successful would probably be the _NTJs.

hell, even here in Indonesia!
it's an ESJ world everywhere, it seems.
which makes u think why it has to turn out so?
is it because it's the Type that human beings choose to evolve for the benefit of survival of the fittest?

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
The most ingenious and the ones that are most likely to be great are the INxPs, but the ones that have the highest likelihood of being successful, but not great, would be and xNTJs or the ENFJs. Sorry, I like my Ns.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
hell, even here in Indonesia!
it's an ESJ world everywhere, it seems.
which makes u think why it has to turn out so?
is it because it's the Type that human beings choose to evolve for the benefit of survival of the fittest?
It's because ESTJs get a lot done and they make the people around them think they know what they're doing.