User Tag List

12 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Default P's and organizational skills.

Have any of you xxxP's found any method of organization and/or time management that works for you? Please share.

I could be doing a lot better, but one thing I do is use the Notepad program to mash together things I have to keep track of and remember, there are 15 notepads open on my computer right now. It's been a life-saver.

MBTI
    ISTP

No. I've figured out how to expect my lack of time management skills, so in a way, it's well managed, because I know exactly what I'll accomplish, and what won't survive the limited timeframe to get things done after I've procrastinated.

As for organization. I go for the organized chaos method. No one else can find anything, but I know exactly where everything is. "Where are the earbuds?" "Under the pile of papers on the left, inside the cell phone case."
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

The one thing I've found helps consistently is planning backward rather than forward. J's plan forward--If I start right away when can I be finished. P's do better with figuring out the last realistic moment they can start when they consider other commitments they have and how long the process might take.
    edcoaching

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    The one thing I've found helps consistently is planning backward rather than forward. J's plan forward--If I start right away when can I be finished. P's do better with figuring out the last realistic moment they can start when they consider other commitments they have and how long the process might take.
    This is so on point. When completing something I'll always think of it in terms of when is the latest I can start it and still complete it. However, when I finally get around to it, my concentration and focus is unparalleled.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

excel meta-file for calendar/academic to-do list/longer-range things/etc + word colour-coded to-do table for more immediate things.

but more importantly, getting into the habit of checking it many times a day. I think almost any system would work if it's something constantly accessible and if it's actually used regularly.

actually doing stuff on my to-do list, that's another story. but this helps me remember it, at least.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I bought a whiteboard. Probably the smartest thing I ever did.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flush View Post
    I bought a whiteboard. Probably the smartest thing I ever did.
    I have a chalkboard. But between to-do lists, random thoughts, invention ideas, assignment/test dates, quotes, and girlfriend graffiti scrambled all over the place, it may just add to confusion.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I hereby recommend all of you look at my signature and visit the link provided.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    IsTP

I make excellent schedules, yet to adhere to them is a task in itself.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

all my scheduling is mental and it's very open. for example, my standard Monday: morning is open so i can work on my car or do some studying, go to the gym sometime in the afternoon, and then school later at night. i schedule by chunks of the day. early morning, morning, late morning, noon, afternoon, late afternoon, and night. i then fill in what i can do in each part of the day, realistically. as long as each part of the day is filled in with something somewhat important, then i generally get stuff done.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1