User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default Range in MBTI types.

I recently noticed that 2 INFP's that I know are completely different. This is kinda weird I think. Maybe one of them was mis-typed but I wonder, which type has the most range in behavior? Which type is the least well-defined in general practices carried out by that person?

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I'll answer your question, if you answer mine first:

What is the human range in behavior?

(or you might just give examples of their behavior)

MBTI
    ENFP

One of the INFPs does not talk much. Not like "oh hey I'm the quiet person" more like the "I'm so rarely verbal that I really don't use the best English when I do talk". The other talks like crazy but usually as a comment to what other people are saying. That's just one example.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Nillerz View Post
    One of the INFPs does not talk much. Not like "oh hey I'm the quiet person" more like the "I'm so rarely verbal that I really don't use the best English when I do talk". The other talks like crazy but usually as a comment to what other people are saying. That's just one example.
    Well, I can see myself taking either one of these approaches. I used to not talk much, but then I kinda got pass that and nowadays I talk quite a lot (not with anyone, though). I think the problem is with the interpretation of the whole E-I dichotomy. Me being introvert does not mean I am shy. It just means that I am drained in certain social occasions. Your INFPs have different attitudes toward these occasions.

I actually like that "commenting other people" attitude. I also like to give other people a seed for a joke (I know what they would reply to something, so I turn the discussion in a subject they are sure to joke about). You know, something to keep up the discussion while staying off the spotlight.

MBTI
    ENFP

That's what she does, she gives random bits in to keep the conversation a-flowin'. She's really good at it too. He's not, hes really shy.

Another thing is she's psycho-crazy (in a good way) eyt he is the most conservative person I know in regards to things

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

That's what she does, she gives random bits in to keep the conversation a-flowin'. She's really good at it too. He's not, hes really shy.

Another thing is she's psycho-crazy (in a good way) eyt he is the most conservative person I know in regards to things
    You failed to mention in the OP that they were different genders. That would explain alot actually. I'm much more like your male friend (based off of what you said so far).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

Well, the other INFJs I've seen online are, for the most part, quite a bit different from each other, myself included. I tend to find much more in common with female INFJs than other male ones, though, which I think is kinda funny; it's like not only are we on the same page, but in the same sentence, even.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

She actually sounds a lot like me. At least when there's a party. I'd like to be really anti-conservative all the time, but parties are the only occasion when I feel like I am really allowed to...

He, on the other hand sounds a lot how I used to be. I was almost afraid people, especially extroverts.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Genesis View Post
    You failed to mention in the OP that they were different genders. That would explain alot actually. I'm much more like your male friend (based off of what you said so far).
    I am male and closer to what he described she is. I think the male INFP behavior overlaps quite a lot with the female INFP behavior.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

If they're so different have the same range, maybe the domain was different.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I am male and closer to what he described she is. I think the male INFP behavior overlaps quite a lot with the female INFP behavior.
    I agree, but I was alluding to the theory that female INFPs are seen as more acceptable in society than male INFPs. This guy doesn't seem as if he accepts who he is, whereas the girl does. As my self-esteem has risen recently, I'm finding myself slowly drift towards interacting in her manner, however, I'm still more similar to him than her. So it just seems that there's a difference in maturity between these two, from my perspective.