User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    EIE

I think the range is huge. I've only ever met one other INFJ guy and I doubt anyone would ever guess we were the same "type". He's more reserved than I am and can be quite dismissive about certain ideas. He has yet to develop his Fe in any meaningful way, as far as I can tell. It's likely due to his family situation, growing up.

Maturity level and numerous external factors definitely influence the whole of a person.
    I-44 N-88 F-62 J-67

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. -Winston Churchill

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

my oldest sister just told me she was enfp too and that surprised me because i see her as being way more eccentric and extroverted then me....she is much more confrontational than i am and says and does a lot of things for shock value...but we are really alike in the way we approach life and people...i think i believe we're the same type but at first didn't.
    i also wonder if her being the oldest diluted some of those qualities in me...like that place was already filled or something
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

type doesn't define behavior or even motivation. MBTI is a model for something we dont quite understand... the brain and it's cognitive processes. though behavior is reflected by these cognitive processes, it isn't defined by them (the image is skewed by external variables, if we are still using the "reflection" analogy).
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ yeah...that makes sense.
    i just get the impression that other enfp's are all happy and zenlike like me and she is not that way.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

ya i push my last post a lot lol. it's annoying but true, imho
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Nillerz View Post
    I recently noticed that 2 INFP's that I know are completely different. This is kinda weird I think. Maybe one of them was mis-typed but I wonder, which type has the most range in behavior? Which type is the least well-defined in general practices carried out by that person?
    I'm not thrilled with the question because MBTI types aren't supposed to characterize behaviors (they characterize thinking processes). However, if any correlation exists between type and behavior range, I'd say extroverts might display a wider range of behavior than introverts. If the processes themselves are the same, and environment the changing variable (the variable variable ), then those more in tune to their environment would be more likely to reflect that variety in their thoughts/perceptions/judgements/behavior. In addition, extroverts may be more aware of others' reactions towards them, and hence more likely to modify their behavior in response. The ever inward looking Ixxx might just spend all their time reading and thinking alone in their room whether they grew up in Hicksville or Beverly Hills.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

Enneagram
    1w2

Moved to MBTI (tm), Enneagram, and other personality matrices
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Genesis View Post
    I agree, but I was alluding to the theory that female INFPs are seen as more acceptable in society than male INFPs. This guy doesn't seem as if he accepts who he is, whereas the girl does. As my self-esteem has risen recently, I'm finding myself slowly drift towards interacting in her manner, however, I'm still more similar to him than her. So it just seems that there's a difference in maturity between these two, from my perspective.
    Ah, sure. That is a good point. I think we can safely assume that most of the range inside types can be related to maturity. At least the most visible differences should have a lot to do with how much of your personality you accept.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Ah, sure. That is a good point. I think we can safely assume that most of the range inside types can be related to maturity. At least the most visible differences should have a lot to do with how much of your personality you accept.
    What do you do, if its much to accept ? Stay a child forever, wearing pants made of cloth ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Aren't all pants made of cloth? Ah, yeah, the Lederhosen! Are those like... a sign of maturity, down there in Germany?