User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 134

  1. #61
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Ask her for her number, wildcat...
    You are misreading my writings a lot in that comment of yours and it shows you don't understand ENFP's....
    I appreciate wildcat in the way ENFP's appreciate people.
    Not in romantic way but the way I appreciate interesting people and their interesting views. I take these kinds of things very seriously if I take some things in life seriously. I don't want to mislead people in any way and I think (and hope) wildcat understands my appreciation.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    I was kidding, for the record.

  3. #63
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I was kidding, for the record.
    Ok. It's just I don't kidd around wit these kinds of things....
    I do not wish to mislead people in any way.

    I think you just hit one of my strongest values in life with that comment of yours and I'm extremely serious with my strongest values.

    I do appreciate your comments too, , but I'm not giving you my phonenumber either.
    Last edited by alcea rosea; 11-30-2008 at 01:48 AM.

  4. #64
    Senior Member edcoaching's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    This is really not a slight toward you Xander and I purposely did not respond to your inquiry on this thread you started, but how can you have over three thousand posts and be asking some of the most basic principles of type? I started to respond in detail to your inquiry but realized that if you do not get it after all of your posting then I will be doing you a disservice.
    Actually this is quite the subject of debate. some type experts are wedded to the 8-function model and the order of preferences and others are questioning whether Xander's viewpoint is the more correct one.
    edcoaching

  5. #65
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by Salomé; 11-30-2008 at 10:38 PM. Reason: I am a 24-carat bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  6. #66
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    Yes, I shouldn't underestimate INTP's thinking capabilities! I'm just used to overexplaining myself because many people do not understand what I'm saying when I get complicated.

    I think you are great wildcat and I always appreciate your way of thinking. I mean it's so refreshingly different and I love to learn new ways of looking at things. That is why I enjoy very much the discussions with INTP's I meet in the real life (thank god my sister is iNTP or eNTP, we have very intense and interesting discussions together when we see, althought I tire her out with my huge amount of radiant extroverted energy).

    But what you were saying in your previous post would explain why I have problems with the functions theory and my very strong F and why I don't fit into ENFJ even with my strong F. My F isn't mainly Fe like it is when most visible with EXFJ's. It's very strong and quiet F in the real life. I hide it well because it has caused me a lot of trouble in my life. Let's just put it this way: it just hurts too damn much.
    Your function order is interesting. It is the standard ENFP function model and therefore a perfect Palindrome. Therefore you are distinctly a P > J.
    It also explains your radiant extraverted energy. The dichotomy of extraversion is not distinguished from the dichotomy of P/J, it is one process. P does not store energy, it consumes it. Therefore you have a radiant quality, which I find delightful.

    J conserves energy. Therefore Te is a forceful function. Fi is the complementary partner of Te, it is the fragile function. Easily broken. Radiance has a price.

    Te also exacts a price.
    But it is usually the other individuals who pay for it.

  7. #67
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ?";432283]I now understand what you are attempting to convey Xander and no there is no pure function as you allude to in meaning that there is pure thinking with no direction of attitude. In fact when Jung discusses any function he either makes the distinction of attitude direction (E/I) or he makes the comparison of lets say thinking with its counterpart feeling and discusses them in tandem as judging or perceiving. I dont want to post his entire description of thinking because its long, but I encourage you to read it for yourself [URL="http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm
    here[/url]. As you can see even when he discusses a simple function like thinking he distinguishes between the extraverted type and introverted type. In fact Jung says that when you are discussing thinking in itself, you're not even talking about thinking as he proposes in his theory:Jung does go on to say that logic of thought is the common denominator between the two functions (Te/Ti), but that is as far as he goes in discussing similarities:In fact Jungs whole preposition of any function focuses on the differences not commonalities. Jung thus says that it is impossible to Ti /Te, Fi/Fe, Ni/Ne.. simultaneously or with equal demonstration:In the end you either or, not both.
    Thank you for the quotes from Jung.
    I happen to be one who sees the difference between Ti and Te.
    They don't look alike at all, to me.
    I think perhaps a problem is caused by the use of the word thinking.
    What if we changed the word to logic instead?
    One person uses logic based on Internal standards to make judgments,
    one person uses logic based on External standards to make judgments.
    To my mind, that's what Jung meant... I think.

  8. #68
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Your function order is interesting. It is the standard ENFP function model and therefore a perfect Palindrome. Therefore you are distinctly a P > J.
    It also explains your radiant extraverted energy. The dichotomy of extraversion is not distinguished from the dichotomy of P/J, it is one process. P does not store energy, it consumes it. Therefore you have a radiant quality, which I find delightful.

    J conserves energy. Therefore Te is a forceful function. Fi is the complementary partner of Te, it is the fragile function. Easily broken. Radiance has a price.

    Te also exacts a price.
    But it is usually the other individuals who pay for it.
    I agree with you. But I'm interested: why do you think Fi and Te complement each other?



    (When you say fragile, don't you mean "externally fragile"?)

  9. #69
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Thank you for the quotes from Jung.
    I happen to be one who sees the difference between Ti and Te.
    They don't look alike at all, to me.
    I think perhaps a problem is caused by the use of the word thinking.
    What if we changed the word to logic instead?
    One person uses logic based on Internal standards to make judgments,
    one person uses logic based on External standards to make judgments.
    To my mind, that's what Jung meant... I think.
    Or go one step further and use completely different terms: say
    Systematizing (Te) vs Analyzing (Ti)

    Very different skills.

    I can analyse something to death but systematizing holds little interest for me. The former opens up, the latter closes down. The former breaks down, the latter builds up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  10. #70
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,124

    Default

    I would say that the biggest difference between the introverted v extroverted functions is the obvious "how things are internalized" v "how things are taken in"

    and now you're going to make fun of me for going all obvious there!

    INTJ and ENTP, both NTFSs, but quite different- of the two, the INTJ is an aged Cab while the ENTP is a young Merlot. To explain, since you don't go around drinking wines on a daily basis, the INTJs dominant function is introverted- you won't quite catch the structure in the wine straight off because it's not the first thing that catches your attention, you'll get the tobacco and green pepper notes before you get the almost vanilla-ish oak notes in the background, which lend the wine it's structure. However, with a young Merlot it's structure is the first thing you notice- the tannins reach right out of the glass and grab your tongue. The leading function is more obvious because it's reflected outward.

    You might notice the Te before the Ni in an INTJ, but you won't mistaken the ENTP for being anything less than Ne driven, I fear
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Similar Threads

  1. The alternative/real function orders
    By Virtual ghost in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 03:25 PM
  2. How Function Order dictates behaviour
    By VagrantFarce in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 06:31 PM
  3. [JCF] What is the function order?
    By INTJ123 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 04:34 PM
  4. Function Order Game
    By StephMC in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-10-2009, 03:18 PM
  5. Function order
    By Poki in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 06:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO