User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Is the application of a component removed of the component?
    The engineer says no.

The engineer is even more right than he thinks he is.
    The component is one.
    The application is many.

Multiple keys open the lock.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I say a perfect equilibrium.
    Beautiful.
    Thank you, alcea rosea.

Your dominant hemisphere is the right one.
    Very much so.

But you are not left handed, are you?
    Hehe, I score many times balanced brained or slightly right brained in those brain hemisphere tests (if those tests actually mean anything).

I'm right handed. I can use my left hand pretty well thought, and I do have many left handed relatives (my granddad was left handed but forced to write with his right hand). In fact, compared to members in my family, I use left hand naturally doing some other stuff than writing when the other right handed use right hand.... I mean here stuff like which way a person naturally carries a baby etc. But I'm still dominant right hand user.

Pretty messy explanation there and so also very typical of me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

That kind of a marker does say a thing, yes. A promising note.

Take the cognitive processes test.
    Or if you remember it you do not need to take it.

Ti + Te =
    Ni + Ne =

Which is higher?

If Ti + Te is a way higher than Ni + Ne, then you are a TNSF.
    Right handed.

I am NTFS. Left handed.

Our culture is right handed, unfortunately, so it does not mean every NTFS is left handed. Only the headstrong.

A good marker, Xander. In the correct application useful.
    Congrats.

Now it is time for the morning news (exciting things about Obama ) and for the morning
    I don't see how this is useful. It provides less information, not more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Mr Wildcat (Master of Tangents),

The thrust of the thread is that if INTP =4 then Ti+Te=1, Ni+Ne=1, Si+Se=1 and Fi+Fe=1. As a gross oversimplification.

With weighting it would be similar to T=4, N=3, S=2 F=1 ergo INTP =10

Ti= say 2.5 Te=1.5 and so on. That would be the preferences combined with their contexts.

Function order should be TNSF not Ti Ne Si Fe + Te Ni Se Fi. The second group is not necessary.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Mr Wildcat (Master of Tangents),

The thrust of the thread is that if INTP =4 then Ti+Te=1, Ni+Ne=1, Si+Se=1 and Fi+Fe=1. As a gross oversimplification.

With weighting it would be similar to T=4, N=3, S=2 F=1 ergo INTP =10

Ti= say 2.5 Te=1.5 and so on. That would be the preferences combined with their contexts.

Function order should be TNSF not Ti Ne Si Fe + Te Ni Se Fi. The second group is not necessary.
    I wish you would qualify your statements. Arbitrary certainty is troubling in amateurs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    TiSe

This is what I meant and I think your examples from Jung's writing show.

Basically there is no Ti and Te, there is only T in the context of E or I.

No person is a pure I or a pure J or a pure anything but only by establishing these extremes is it possible to compare people and categorise them.

Anyhow, what I'm getting at is that when people start to analyse and propose that they "use Ti" or whatever, it's incorrect. They are using T, the context does not form part of the function.
    Well if nothing else you indicate that you do use Ti as described by Jung. You subjectively plucked out one sentence which is taken out of context since the preceding sentence says "When the objective orientation receives a certain predominance, the thinking is extraverted. This circumstance changes nothing as regards the logic of thought -- it merely determines that difference between thinkers which James regards as a matter of temperament." It was focusing on Te, not Ti. In any case "No" the attitude is the most important thing and Jung, Myers-Briggs and Jungian Psychololgist give little credence to pure function. In fact I would have to read "Gifts Differing" but I am strongly thinking that the only author that ever raised the dichotomies as you present them were the Tiegers. Their work is not Jungian, but a mere hybrid of Myers-Briggs.
    I wonder though if functions necessarily operate in pairs. I know that Jung said that if the primary function was extraverted then the secondary would be introverted to balance it but is it necessarily impossible to use Te and Ne at times?
    No. If you read this part you also realized that his principle states that you cannot introvert or extravert two functions simultaneously. You can only use an extraverted function when using introverted functions simultaneously.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    Hehe, I score many times balanced brained or slightly right brained in those brain hemisphere tests (if those tests actually mean anything).

I'm right handed. I can use my left hand pretty well thought, and I do have many left handed relatives (my granddad was left handed but forced to write with his right hand). In fact, compared to members in my family, I use left hand naturally doing some other stuff than writing when the other right handed use right hand.... I mean here stuff like which way a person naturally carries a baby etc. But I'm still dominant right hand user.

Pretty messy explanation there and so also very typical of me.
    It is not at all messy! I got the idea easily.
    It is as I thought. I can also use the non dominant hand quite easily in tasks that do not require complex motor skill. I have great motor problem even with the left hand. But that has nothing to do with laterality, it is an aspie thingy.

You were the only one who did understand what I said.
    I think that is because of you are a right brainer. Therefore you have an elastic mind.
    Yes, you are an FNST, but you have great intution all the same.

I say T is much overvalued. It is a left brain thing. Rather boring and very tedious.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    I don't see how this is useful. It provides less information, not more.
    Come, tie his body to my horse's tail. Across the field, I will the Trojan trail.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

It is not at all messy! I got the idea easily.
    It is as I thought. I can also use the non dominant hand quite easily in tasks that do not require complex motor skill. I have great motor problem even with the left hand. But that has nothing to do with laterality, it is an aspie thingy.

You were the only one who did understand what I said.
    I think that is because of you are a right brainer. Therefore you have an elastic mind.
    Yes, you are an FNST, but you have great intution all the same.

I say T is much overvalued. It is a left brain thing. Rather boring and very tedious.
    Yes, I shouldn't underestimate INTP's thinking capabilities! I'm just used to overexplaining myself because many people do not understand what I'm saying when I get complicated.

I think you are great wildcat and I always appreciate your way of thinking. I mean it's so refreshingly different and I love to learn new ways of looking at things. That is why I enjoy very much the discussions with INTP's I meet in the real life (thank god my sister is iNTP or eNTP, we have very intense and interesting discussions together when we see, althought I tire her out with my huge amount of radiant extroverted energy).

But what you were saying in your previous post would explain why I have problems with the functions theory and my very strong F and why I don't fit into ENFJ even with my strong F. My F isn't mainly Fe like it is when most visible with EXFJ's. It's very strong and quiet F in the real life. I hide it well because it has caused me a lot of trouble in my life. Let's just put it this way: it just hurts too damn much.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Ask her for her number, wildcat...

(The preceding was a joke)