User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Lenore Thomson Bentz - "...I think it's a mistake to understand the functions as references to particular behavioral skills. They don't refer to abilities or actions; they refer to the structure of cognitive experience -- the way in which we reduce a constant bombardment of information to manageable forms that relate to our goals, beliefs, and preferences."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Okay I'm going to try once more to adequately explain and that's it.

When is T not T? When it is Te? When it is Ti?
    If neither then T is always T regardless of where you use it. If you believe otherwise then fine, please continue in your thinking. Who knows I may join you at some stage, but not today.

I care little what other's theorise (including Jung). If their thinking runs along similar lines to my own then I can use it, otherwise I'm going to have to figure out how to bridge the gap, points of integration etc etc. Without such things you may as well just sit there and sing brim full of asha... it will have the same effect.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Lenore Thomson Bentz - "...I think it's a mistake to understand the functions as references to particular behavioral skills. They don't refer to abilities or actions; they refer to the structure of cognitive experience -- the way in which we reduce a constant bombardment of information to manageable forms that relate to our goals, beliefs, and preferences."
    Interesting... is e/i the way or the what which the way is applied to? I believe it is the what and the way is separate.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Interesting... is e/i the way or the what which the way is applied to? I believe it is the what and the way is separate.
    I don't know.
    I think different people see it differently because that's how they're wired.
    Unless you change the wiring, I don't think their beliefs are going to change.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I don't know.
    I think different people see it differently because that's how they're wired.
    Unless you change the wiring, I don't think their beliefs are going to change.
    I don't believe in hardwired responses only hardwired preferences to paths.

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't believe in hardwired responses only hardwired preferences to paths.
    I think that's what I meant... darned engineer talk...:steam:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I think that's what I meant... darned engineer talk...:steam:
    I was drawing a difference between wiring as in preferences being referred to as cognitive wiring and wiring as in electronics. True that with the same wires you get the same results from the same input, not true with preferences. It's a kin to statistics except the percentages aren't compound.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Okay I'm going to try once more to adequately explain and that's it.

When is T not T? When it is Te? When it is Ti?
    If neither then T is always T regardless of where you use it. If you believe otherwise then fine, please continue in your thinking. Who knows I may join you at some stage, but not today.

I care little what other's theorise (including Jung). If their thinking runs along similar lines to my own then I can use it, otherwise I'm going to have to figure out how to bridge the gap, points of integration etc etc. Without such things you may as well just sit there and sing brim full of asha... it will have the same effect.

Let's just say that T is a quarter (or whatever coin you wish to use for this) Te is one side of it and Ti is the other. They're both just different aspects of the same thing.

If you were unfamiliar with a quarter and saw one for the first time laying heads up, you might have a completely different impression of what the coin looks like than if you first saw it tails up. The tails up and heads up coin are the same thing, they both spend the same and such, but from the quick first impression they'd be different.

Is heads less of a part of the quarter than tails?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Let's just say that T is a quarter (or whatever coin you wish to use for this) Te is one side of it and Ti is the other. They're both just different aspects of the same thing.

If you were unfamiliar with a quarter and saw one for the first time laying heads up, you might have a completely different impression of what the coin looks like than if you first saw it tails up. The tails up and heads up coin are the same thing, they both spend the same and such, but from the quick first impression they'd be different.

Is heads less of a part of the quarter than tails?
    Precisely my point. None of this removes the concept that the coin is always the coin no matter which side you look at. It's contrary to experience to state that things which you can no longer perceive have ceased to exists.

The sun never ceases to exist (yet) it merely goes out of view.