User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Yeah, I know exactly what you mean! My Si goes nuts around ENFPs, I start remembering all kinds of stupid crap.
    And there you go again!

There has to be a difference between the Se attention to detail and the Si attention to detail. Look at Jennifer's example earlier with her ESFP son. He noticed SO many details in his surroundings. I don't think that's restricted to nature walks. Wouldn't that also apply to a detail attentiveness in, say, accounting?

Someone with Se can spot details. However, as someone with Si, I'm better at recalling details. Seeing details and remembering details are two different things.

For instance, an ISTP has Ti/Se. They take in detailed information about their surroundings through their perceptive Sensing, but focus on Ti to sort it out. That's backwards, I know, since Ti is dominant. Si focuses more on remembering details, and then using Te to structure the Si user's world. That would mean they'd prefer a job where they are required to remember a lot of details, but are then asked to provide logical structure to something. Those are two varying approaches to the same field, accounting.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    There has to be a difference between the Se attention to detail and the Si attention to detail. Look at Jennifer's example earlier with her ESFP son. He noticed SO many details in his surroundings. I don't think that's restricted to nature walks. Wouldn't that also apply to a detail attentiveness in, say, accounting?

Someone with Se can spot details. However, as someone with Si, I'm better at recalling details. Seeing details and remembering details are two different things.

For instance, an ISTP has Ti/Se. They take in detailed information about their surroundings through their perceptive Sensing, but focus on Ti to sort it out. That's backwards, I know, since Ti is dominant. Si focuses more on remembering details, and then using Te to structure the Si user's world. That would mean they'd prefer a job where they are required to remember a lot of details, but are then asked to provide logical structure to something. Those are two varying approaches to the same field, accounting.
    You got all your ideas locked in and set for life, do you? Well Wham-O! Here's the socionics function description which instead describes the type you are (ISTj, aka LSI) as using Ti+Se! And of course they do an excellent job. It's a madcap circus of mayhem!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Haha, forgot the link. Told you it was a CIRCUS: Logical Sensory Introvert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MBTI
    INTJ

Excellent point.

MBTI
    LoLz

So, did I just come to a conclusion on my own that was already made by socionics, then?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

So, did I just come to a conclusion on my own that was already made by socionics, then?
    No.

I was making the ever-lovely point that you can use the same function to describe anyone if you want to.

If you really think about it, more than Myers did, you'll realize that STJs are more interested in Thinking Judgments than any kind of Sensing. SPs are more interested in sensing, and it makes perfect "sense," too.

To make my point absoultely clear: "I think Ti-Se is a better functional description of ISTJ than Si-Te, but I think T-S is better still, as in my function system."

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

So in light of all this..what would be a good way of training Si. For instance that memory game where you have to find the card that's exactly like the one you're holding? Any other examples?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    So in light of all this..what would be a good way of training Si. For instance that memory game where you have to find the card that's exactly like the one you're holding? Any other examples?
    I haven't seen anything to lead me to believe functions themselves can be trained. Specific skills, yes.

Memory tricks can be learned, of course, and practiced.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Maybe training is the wrong word, but I take it that to develop a function properly, you need to use it, yes? I'm asking coz supposedly Si is my 4th function and (yes I know you do not necessarily believe this stuff) using it supposedly is a healthy way of dealing with stress...I figured I'd try it out
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Maybe training is the wrong word, but I take it that to develop a function properly, you need to use it, yes? I'm asking coz supposedly Si is my 4th function and (yes I know you do not necessarily believe this stuff) using it supposedly is a healthy way of dealing with stress...I figured I'd try it out
    I don't know...A person can't help but decide things based on emotion and logic, and perceive the world around them. We do it all the time, so I don't see how you could increase their use. If you try to work on something like Sensing, by skiing for example, I think you're going to learn a lot more about skiing than using your senses.