Yeah, I'd think music is more Ni.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    Nah, it's Fi/Se/Ni/Te

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post

Anti, well, my music teachers back in grade school all said I had a "gift" for understanding music. The people in my band (both school band and out-of-school) think I have that "talent" too. Music theory really works well for my Si-Te combination, as it puts my inner impressions of the notes and tones (Si?) into a working system (Te).

What I'm not good at is making up my own music. I really struggle with that, and those same people mentioned above are surprised by the obvious gap. So it's not all easy sailing for me, I have some big obstacles.
    So far it looks that my N is correct.

You are good at music because you have easy time with remembering the song in all of it's elements.

But you have a problem in making your own music because you have nothing to repeat. So in this case Si is working against you.

MBTI
    INTJ

I have a very good memory myself, but if I go to the past I try to find other things that were there that I may have not picked up on when the actual event occurred and why it happened, and what it will mean for the future. That may be a combination. How do you all feel when someone who doesn't agree with MBTI comes into a thread gives their reasoning for it?
    What a waste of life..

Playing music could be just one exemple but in theory Si should be good in all areas where past and experiance make a difference.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I hAVE a question: would this be Si: Like I'll be walking around and something will remind me of the past and then part of my mind will think I'm in 2004 in some other city and I have to keep reminding myself that it's 2008 and this is Chicago. It's like I smell the smells and hear the sounds of the other place aswell as my age I feel younger (cuz I'm in the past). Or is that Ne or something else entirely. same thing happens with certain pictures.
    Yeah; that's RELIEF Si, alright!
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    When trying to write original music, I think I use my Si and Ne together as a "fake Ni". I bring together pieces and variations of things I already know. This still isn't easy, because Ne is my 4th function and so is pretty weak.

So Eric, like those times when I'm half-asleep and I forget that I'm in my dorm instead of my bedroom (which is back home in another state), and for a few seconds I feel disoriented, with the outside world clashing with my memories--is that another example of Si, or...doesn't that happen to everyone when they're half-asleep?
    Last edited by Cimarron; 11-26-2008 at 08:21 AM. Reason: explanation
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I hAVE a question: would this be Si: Like I'll be walking around and something will remind me of the past and then part of my mind will think I'm in 2004 in some other city and I have to keep reminding myself that it's 2008 and this is Chicago. It's like I smell the smells and hear the sounds of the other place aswell as my age I feel younger (cuz I'm in the past). Or is that Ne or something else entirely. same thing happens with certain pictures.
    Thats Si relief where today is explained by what yesterdays were like and what they were about. Ne gives the insight/perception that results in knowing stuff like 'possibilities and probabilities of possibilities'. Slightly simply stated, Si = comfort derived from 'concreteness' based on hindsight, versus Ne = insight into the future based upon awareness of the present.
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Ok..question..is Si combined with Ne also the explanation for a fotographic memory (when you have to take an exam or something)?

And is it also responsible for motoric memory?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    And is it also responsible for motoric memory?
    You mean "muscle memory"? Like the way an athlete remembers the "feel" of a body position being the "right" position? This is something I was thinking about mentioning. I think it's kind of borderline Se/Si, which makes more sense if you believe (as many people do) that there's no clear line between the extroverted "side" of a function and the introverted "side".

I don't want to start claiming everything is Si, and something like muscle memory seems outside the scope of MBTI etc. But Si, or maybe Se, does seem to fit, from what we've been saying.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 11-26-2008 at 10:29 AM. Reason: easier to read
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.