User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Si can also be something that makes a person 'comfortable' with something.
    I see "well-being" as part of Si.

Another way, isn't it that we don't use our functions all the time, that they only show up under certain circumstances, and is there a neutral mode that we use 'all the time' (in between)? For me I guess this is (non-)observation.
    INtj | 9w1

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Si is more aware of how the body reacts to the sense impression. It thinks in terms of what is physically comfortable and uncomfortable, beautiful and ugly, and so forth.

Se, taking a more active role, thinks in terms of intensity of experience.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    INTJMom, all I can really answer to that is specific things. I hate sports, I find random trivia pointless, and my jokes are really sarcasm. One specific example I can think of is when I worked at a fast food restaurant. I had worked at the register so much that I had memorized the prices of 90% of our foods. At that restaurant, when I was working on the drive-thru, I'd have to cook some things while taking orders. Many times, when someone ordered things, I'd remember the prices of each thing, add it up in my head, and then tell them the total. My manager was just shocked when he saw me do that.
    That's what I'm saying. Wouldn't/couldn't everyone do that after enough times? Perhaps not...

Yes, Uberfuehrer, I think that describes it well.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 11-25-2008 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Saw Uber's post
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    LoLz

Everyone could do it, yeah. Everyone that works in sales will memorize SOME prices after a while. I guess my examples could've been better. I'm still stuck on the memory thing.

MBTI
    yupp

I hAVE a question: would this be Si: Like I'll be walking around and something will remind me of the past and then part of my mind will think I'm in 2004 in some other city and I have to keep reminding myself that it's 2008 and this is Chicago. It's like I smell the smells and hear the sounds of the other place aswell as my age I feel younger (cuz I'm in the past). Or is that Ne or something else entirely. same thing happens with certain pictures.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    That's what I'm saying. Wouldn't/couldn't everyone do that after enough times? Perhaps not...

Yes, Uberfuehrer, I think that describes it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    Everyone could do it, yeah. Everyone that works in sales will memorize SOME prices after a while. I guess my examples could've been better. I'm still stuck on the memory thing.
    No. Everyone could NOT do that.
    That is my point.
    You have gifts that you think are "average" when they're not.

I had a waiter once who remembered what everyone at our table ordered and didn't forget or mess up anything.
    There were 10 of us!
    That is a special gift!

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    That is my point.

I had a waiter once who remembered what everyone at our table ordered and didn't forget or mess up anything.
    There were 10 of us!
    That is a special gift!
    Practice makes us better at remembering details... but some people are naturally gifted with crystal clear recollection. The woman who can remember everything - Telegraph Photographic memory...

As to me? My memory has never been precise. I can vividly imagine details, but I cannot recall them.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

This is probably also why lots of people on this board will remember being scolded by bosses, superiors at work, teachers, parents, etc., even friends for forgetting details like this. It's no secret that there are lots of SJs out there--and all the SJs have strong Si (either 1st or 2nd place). So this misunderstanding comes up a lot, and you've likely experienced it before.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    That is my point.

There were 10 of us!
    That is a special gift!
    I was actually wanting to become a waiter, but it was mostly because I enjoyed running around keeping up with what was going on. Wait a minute, isn't that Si and Te in action? Using Si to store the data about what's going on around me, and then Te to keep my environment under control? When I worked at that fast food restaurant, I loved working during the lunch hour. It required quick thinking on your feet, and I actually preferred that the urgency didn't allow me to second guess myself.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Under stress, though, I start constantly second-guessing myself. My Te crowds out my Si, and I work through the problem slowly and methodically. This is what happened a lot when I had a job at the cash register in the movie theater, during busy hours. People probably thought I was a moron because I had to make sure at each and every step of the way that everything was right, which came out as me asking for the boss' instructions several times, or asking for the customer's order several times. It was far too fast-paced.

But your waiter thing sounds correct. I just don't thrive under pressure like that.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 11-25-2008 at 01:49 PM. Reason: a guess