User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Tips for Communicating With an Extroverted Thinker

Please share them!

How best to show love to an Te individual?

How does the Te individual show love?

Types that extrovert thinking are FP's and TJ's.

It's worth noting that the ENTJ is, in fact, Machiavellian. More noteworthy is the ENTJ, nescient of this behavior. It seems some believe themselves benevolent, even while they actively manipulate a situation to their will. This is done with tact and subtlety though, usually over extended periods of time. It seems that those ENTJ's who know not what they are, allow their ego to motivate them and propel them ever faster down a path of achievement. They become real assholes along the way.

MBTI
    INFP

Allow me to preface my post with a welcome to the forums. Good to see another inquisitive ENTJ around these parts.

AI, I'm slightly confused on what seek for an answer, but I'll try anyways.

Regarding your first question, I'd say honesty provides a nice foundation. Honesty doesn't necessarily equate with truth, but some truth lies in the fact that the person demonstrates honesty. Since Te assembles things together (Ti takes things apart), instances of honesty builds up a truth behind a person. As an Fi dominate, my method for showing love towards a Te dominate greatly differs from theirs yet we love each other for our differences. Communication sometimes falters due to different thinking processes, but stating how you think/express yourself to an individual proves rather invaluable for effective communication.

Regarding your second question, I'd say comfort provides a nice foundation. Comfort in the sense that you trust a person enough to let down your guard to them (Quite a rigorous process, I know). Allowing someone into your life should also allow yourself into their life - it's reciprocal. In doing so, your partner knows you. E.g. Their (entj) love you for your sarcasm and feel distraught when you take it personally - they then feel that you don't know them.

I've noticed several of your posts inquiring about two 'diametrically' opposed forces: ENTJ and Love. I have a good friend of mine, male entj, in the same boat as yourself. Love for an entj poses quite a few challenges on the self and the recipient. Love seems bundled in with feelings - 'which are not to be trusted.' I believe if you find an individual willing to understand you without providing pressure to do so, would prove invaluable to you. As you mature, which I see you striving for, the light switch between on and off for feelings begins to blur into a continuum of emotional rationality/rational emotions.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

MBTI
    LoLz

Well, the FP's are going to extravert thinking A LOT less than the TJ's will. I've always been the kind of person who felt this instinctive need to tell someone something when I found out about something new or did something cool. Is that Te?

One other example I remember is back like 7 years ago when I was talking to someone on IM. They would get annoyed that I'd tell them every little thing I was doing. At one point, they started sending me constant IM's, "I'm looking at my company's website." "I'm looking at yahoo" "now I'm on victoriassecret.com"

You're going to be dealing with the Te a lot more with ExTJ's. With me, I have everything Te is sending out being filtered by Si first. So, you're going to be hearing a bunch of details, like now!

Basically, just be ready to deal with someone who will constantly make comments about their surroundings, and try to improve upon it. INTJ's will tell you what can be improved in their immediate world. ISTJ's will tell you what's wrong in their immediate world. ESTJ's will ask you why the hell you're not doing what you should be capable of doing. ENTJ's? Uhh. They'll likely have a better plan for something than you do.

So my guess is:

INTJ: Try to keep up with them.
    ISTJ: Don't do something wrong.
    ESTJ: Don't disappoint them.
    ENTJ: Be ready to justify what you're doing.

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    just be ready to deal with someone who will constantly make comments about their surroundings, and try to improve upon it. INTJ's will tell you what can be improved in their immediate world.
    What are these surroundings you speak of?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Thank you for your response, Noel. It was precisely what I was looking to hear.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    As an Fi dominate, my method for showing love towards a Te dominate greatly differs from theirs yet we love each other for our differences.
    Those primary/inferior interactions are the stuff of odd kinship.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Addict_Inquiry View Post
    Please share them!

Well I dislike too much mushy stuff. Love is best demonstrated by a simple "I love you" followed by doing things that you know I'll appreciate. If I've been muttering to myself about the car or the computer having problems, I'll love it if you spend the time to fix it. How about making some dinner and plan to spend the evening doing something we both enjoy? I'll do the same in reverse for a love one. I'm quite practical.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

one thing ive noticed with Te is saying "i love you" is just a jumble of words...

my way of getting past it is "showing" love not by saying i love you by but doing something to prove it
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Addict_Inquiry View Post
    Please share them!

Types that extrovert thinking are FP's and TJ's.

It's worth noting that the ENTJ is, in fact, Machiavellian. More noteworthy is the ENTJ, nescient of this behavior. It seems some believe themselves benevolent, even while they actively manipulate a situation to their will. This is done with tact and subtlety though, usually over extended periods of time. It seems that those ENTJ's who know not what they are, allow their ego to motivate them and propel them ever faster down a path of achievement. They become real assholes along the way.
    I think discovering what that person's love language is might be more important than the fact that they are Te.
    We had a thread where people shared what their love language was and even within the same MB Type, there was great variation of what was perceived as "love" by that type.

Love Languages Test
    Edified.org :: The Five Love Languages

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Speak for yourself in regard to Machiavellism. I'm not Machiavellian in the slightest with those I love, in fact the more I like somebody the less I am able to be "Machiavellian" with them (not that I'm very good at it anyway, it just gets worse the more I am attached).

Anyway, as far as "showing me love" and "me showing love" I think I'm kind of standard in that deparment. So, words, actions, etc are good.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp