User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I dont get the question either. I am more reserved than the average human being. But when I feel at home somewhere, I can exaggerate and become overbearing that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    Our society encourages the deterioration of the average ESFP. Poor things. I know some ESFP's. They're the bad ones. Loud, emotional and out of control. Combining SP with E and F is just bad.

What are some examples of ESFP's that have used their powers for good?
    I dont think they are the bad ones. But if you have a similar thing going on in Amerika as we have here, what I think, then I think I got the meaning.

There are a lot of awful new TV shows out there presenting all kind of shit presented by loud, fast-paced people, who are full of themselves. My expectations on performing are somewhat different. I like a good moderator of a show, but nowadays there seems to be a development in the direction to encourage someone to sell himself by the means of his individuality. And that results in freakish looking people, doing highly introverted subjective stuff, they find funny, but noone else does.

In the light of that matter, I like to think about "Can those Extroverts be still reserved".

In a normal light though, I see no reason for the question.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I very rarely speak loudly and am much more likely to be the one chatting about the world with a couple of people at the end of the bar than to be the person dancing on it.

I'm quite outgoing, but I don't try and change anything really... I'm kind of passive most of the time (probably that goes hand in hand with a complete inability to make decisions )
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    im an extremely reserved extrovert. when its a new social situation or new environment im pretty much silent.
    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I dont get the question either. I am more reserved than the average human being. But when I feel at home somewhere, I can exaggerate and become overbearing that's true.
    It may be necessary to define the word reserve since everyone has their connotation. As for type, keep in mind that MBTI says that extraverts gain energy from being around others and introverts from being alone. I think that most people who have matured over the years and gained experience from being burned by being too open may take on more reserved tendencies. Some descriptions of ESTP allude to their knowing when to tone it down.

Since Jung says that pure type is rare, I dont see why extraverts cannot be any more reserved than an introvert is outgoing. This is only expounds on further reasons why the forums continue to remain confused in attempting to understand type by using dichotomies. Jung has his idea of what E/I looks like in real life by saying:
    The two types are so essentially different, presenting so striking a contrast, that their existence, even to the [p. 413] uninitiated in psychological matters becomes an obvious fact, when once attention has been drawn to it. Who does not know those taciturn, impenetrable, often shy natures, who form such a vivid contrast to these other open, sociable, serene maybe, or at least friendly and accessible characters, who are on good terms with all the world, or, even when disagreeing with it, still hold a relation to it by which they and it are mutually affected.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

reserved meaning this... if i enter a social situation which im new to or not used to, i dont say anything and only jump into conversations only when i have something to say that is relevant to the conversation. i also wont willingly enter social situations which are new to me.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Sometimes I am just not in the mood (whether physically, mentally, or emotionally) to be engaged. Most of the time if I have nothing to do I'll be about 20% engaged with what is going on around me (whether social or not). I suppose this isn't that I'm being "reserved" though per se, just that I'm zoning out or that my mind is a little groggy. I guess I only act reserved if the people around me are pissing me off.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INTJ

reserved meaning this... if i enter a social situation which im new to or not used to, i dont say anything and only jump into conversations only when i have something to say that is relevant to the conversation. i also wont willingly enter social situations which are new to me.
    But still energized by social activity.

I guess this shows it. Plus there are different degrees. I always think of people who talk to bus drivers on the bus as super extroverts.
    What a waste of life..

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Ishida View Post
    But still energized by social activity.

I guess this shows it. Plus there are different degrees. I always think of people who talk to bus drivers on the bus as super extroverts.
    I'm only energized by social situations that i'm used to. if its something new i generally get worn out just because i get stressed. probably because im afraid of rejection from new groups of people. once i get used to the group of people im fine though, in fact generally i get energized but initially im quite uncomfortable. a lot of times i just need time to figure people out and how to approach them and deal with them.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    TiSe

I'm only energized by social situations that i'm used to. if its something new i generally get worn out just because i get stressed. probably because im afraid of rejection from new groups of people. once i get used to the group of people im fine though, in fact generally i get energized but initially im quite uncomfortable. a lot of times i just need time to figure people out and how to approach them and deal with them.
    Hmmm.. then which interaction style would you consider fits you best. These are only a snipets:
    The theme is getting the best result possible. People of this style focus on understanding and working with the process to create a positive outcome. They see value in many contributions and consult outside inputs to make an informed decision. They aim to integrate various information sources and accommodate differing points of view. They approach others with a quiet, calm style that may not show their strong convictions. Producing, sustaining, defining, and clarifying are all ways they support a group's process. They typically have more patience than most with the time it takes to gain support through consensus for a project or to refine the result.
    The theme is persuading and involving others. They thrive in facilitator or catalyst roles and aim to inspire others to move to action, facilitating the process. Their focus is on interaction, often with an expressive style. They Get-Things-Going with upbeat energy, enthusiasm, or excitement, which can be contagious. Exploring options and possibilities, making preparations, discovering new ideas, and sharing insights are all ways they get people moving along. They want decisions to be participative and enthusiastic, with everyone involved and engaged.

MBTI
    INTJ

Truly introverted extroverts. Normally I can stay awake, it's after I leave the situation that "it" hits.
    What a waste of life..

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Today my ESTJ friend was being reserved. I came to where he and some of our mutual friends were, with a group of some other friends of mine that none of them knew (or at least not very well). He didn't attempt to branch out to them at all, kept to himself, and only spoke to them when spoken to, with short answers...expressing very little emotion, etc. He always does this with new non-mutual friends.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D