User Tag List

First 1234 Last

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

What is this?
    CC answered the thread. It's possible, as per CCs reservation ergo, they can be reserved.
    Question answered.
    Thread over.

MBTI
    INTP

Why do you have to be so mean Nocapszy.

You couldn't be a little softer in your presentation. :sad:
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    LoLz

Our society encourages the deterioration of the average ESFP. Poor things. I know some ESFP's. They're the bad ones. Loud, emotional and out of control. Combining SP with E and F is just bad.

What are some examples of ESFP's that have used their powers for good?

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    What is this?
    CC answered the thread. It's possible, as per CCs reservation ergo, they can be reserved.
    Question answered.
    Thread over.
    What is that all about?

Unnecessary.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I try to use it to give out hugs and make people giggle... the "emotional, out of control" ones are just unhappy, I think. I know some good ones, some bad.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    What is that all about?

Unnecessary.
    Are you mocking me?

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

This is a good place to put my remark (don't need a new thread now): I believe ENs are more quiet extraverts than ESs. It must be because of their more sensitive N-nature.

Does anyone acknowledge this? There are already some hints in this thread...

Edit: I would call EN's "semi-spontaneous"...
    Last edited by Llewellyn; 11-20-2008 at 04:49 AM.

If a person has no desire to assert themselves onto the environment or to influence it or interact with it at all, but has a strong desire to spend time with and collect energy from other people, what the heck are going to do with that energy when they get it? It just doesn't seem very plausible for that to be a realistic situation for an extrovert. It sounds more like an introvert that is collecting mental stimulation from others through their auxiliary function so they can sit there and digest it with their dominant function. (That is, of course, assuming that it's a preferred thing for the person and not something they only do sometimes. Any person could do anything sometimes.)

I'm usually reserved at first when I'm with new people. However, I expect to become more outgoing as I get to know them. I just accept it as part of the process. If I wasn't planning on becoming more outgoing with them eventually, or if I just wasn't capable of it, I don't see why I'd still want to be with them consistently. I don't feel a magical sense of happiness just by being around other people. It can be fun to just observe sometimes, but overall, I'm more likely to want to do something, or I may just ignore them completely if I just want to think.

The funny thing is that reserved people are still capable of talking a lot. Through talking, I often become less and less reserved as I go. And I do not usually feel awkward at all. I handle myself well, but I know that I'm not fully putting myself out there out at first. Of course, being reserved, I don't go around and try to force myself to talk to everybody just to get it over with. It all happens when it happens. Whatever feels right. I'm easy to talk to, but probably not so easy to actually "connect" with.

If I think it's worth it, I will work at the appropriate rate to rid myself of my reservations so I can enjoy true and stimulating interaction. With some people, this process has taken years, with others, only 30 seconds.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

im an extremely reserved extrovert. when its a new social situation or new environment im pretty much silent.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    If they have little desire to assert themselves onto their environment, little desire to influence people's decisions and actions, but have a strong desire to spend time with by other people and are easily energized by them?
    This is actually how Berens would describe the interaction style of a "Get Things Going" type:
    The theme is persuading and involving others. They thrive in facilitator or catalyst roles and aim to inspire others to move to action, facilitating the process. Their focus is on interaction, often with an expressive style. They Get-Things-Going with upbeat energy, enthusiasm, or excitement, which can be contagious. Exploring options and possibilities, making preparations, discovering new ideas, and sharing insights are all ways they get people moving along. They want decisions to be participative and enthusiastic, with everyone involved and engaged.
    Where "In Charge" types are direct, "Get Things Going" types are informative. They prefer movement to controlling.