• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Unpopular Extroverts

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Extroverts like the company of other people, but what if other people don't like their company? What do unpopular and unlikeable Extroverts look like? Maybe seen as annoying, from trying to push themselves into others' lives?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
There is nothing worse than a loud-mouthed, emotionally and socially retarded extrovert.

They are, at best, disruptive, and at worst, destructive to creating and maintaining a healthy and happy social environment.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Usually they're insecure and desperately looking for approval, or blatantly unaware of the impact they are having and trying to make a rep/name for themselves

Rogue

MBTI Type
ENFP
This thread sound like me! I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ooooh... You're speaking of the people who are so socially clumsy that you want to put them out of thier misery so you can quit seeing them floundering around pathetically at social events!

Yeah- I know a few of them- they just seem completely unable to read social cues and conform with them. It's kind of sad really :(

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The unpopular extroverts are the ones that most others think are crazy -- A.K.A. ENFPs and ENTPs.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This thread sound like me! I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

I highly doubt that ;)

Besides, every extravert notices at times that they've gone a bit far and trampled some people in the process. But the fact that you realize this, is usually a good indicator that you're a)aware of it and b) try to keep yourself in check, therefore you are not part of the people who permanently do this ;)

Rogue

MBTI Type
ENFP
Wow! Ouchie! I think im becoming an I very fast!

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
My daughter is an extravert who is at that age when a little E starts to show off a lot, before the age when they realise how annoying that is. It's INCREDIBLY annoying, she's like, constantly got to have the spotlight on her, won't let anyone else have the stage as it were for a minute.

ExTx's can often be unpopular because E doesn't equate to people-loving or innate social ability, especially where T is dominant over F.

My ESFJ mom is very well liked wherever she goes, but her ESFJ sister is not so - she's a controlling wasp of a woman and generally unwelcome everywhere - bitterness seems to have taken hold of her and that's never good for PR...

I was unpopular at school, but as an adult I'm too popular for even my own liking... :coffee:

Rogue

MBTI Type
ENFP
Oh...where do you find the test? I forgot *heh*

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's kinda interesting that E's are considered charismatic and yet are sometimes so loathed for doing exactly that what they are usually loved for, but in excess ;) And finding that balance as an E isn't always easy, especially when you're still young :)

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
sometimes we're hated exactly because we're charismatic. some jealous asshole can't stand the idea that someone is liked without apparently having to try, so rather than be happy for them they invent shallow "explanations" for that popularity and get all bitter and nasty about them.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
sometimes we're hated exactly because we're charismatic. some jealous asshole can't stand the idea that someone is liked without apparently having to try, so rather than be happy for them they invent shallow "explanations" for that popularity and get all bitter and nasty about them.

Yeah well, that makes it even harder to realize when critiscism is genuine and constructive and when it's not. You'd have to have a pretty good and solid view of yourself not to be phased by it and handle every piece of critiscism correctly

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Amen.

And this makes me so fucking sad, why do so many people hate on other people?!?!?!

I admire those who exhibit positive qualities that I, myself, do not have.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lol, false.

Read the type profiles, please.

:huh:

I've read them more than enough. Don't insult my intelligence.

They're usually unconventional thinkers, which could often be interpreted as crazy by more conventional people.

The insecure extroverts you described are usually the popular ones.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I admire those who exhibit positive qualities that I, myself, do not have.

Do you do this when you're not being confrontational and insulting, or have you mastered a sort of psychological version of circular breathing where you can do both simultaneously?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've read them more than enough. Don't insult my intelligence.

They're usually unconventional thinkers, which could often be interpreted as crazy by more conventional people.

The insecure extroverts you described are usually the popular ones.
I am not trying to insult your intelligence when I state that nobody, and I do mean nobody, likes a loud-mouthed, socially-inept and self-absorbed extrovert.

These people may have friends, I guess, but, ugh, in my and and I believe most people's books, they are just plain wretched.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Do you do this when you're not being confrontational and insulting, or have you mastered a sort of psychological version of circular breathing where you can do both simultaneously?
Um, who are you?

You may think you "know" me but you don't.

Oh, and lol.