• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you dislike your personality?

Which option fits you best?

• I am an ISF_ and I like my personality

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I am an ISF_ and I dislike my personality

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I am an ESF_ and I like my personality

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am an ESF_ and I dislike my personality

• I am an IST_ and I like my personality

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I am an IST_ and I dislike my personality

• I am an EST_ and I like my personality

• I am an EST_ and I dislike my personality

• I am an IN_P and I like my personality

Votes: 27 22.5%
  • I am an IN_P and I dislike my personality

Votes: 16 13.3%
  • I am an EN_P and I like my personality

Votes: 21 17.5%
  • I am an EN_P and I dislike my personality

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I am an IN_J and I like my personality

Votes: 27 22.5%
  • I am an IN_J and I dislike my personality

• I am an EN_J and I like my personality

• I don't know my MBTI type and I like my personality

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • I don't know my MBTItype and I dislike my personality

• I am an EN_J and I dislike my personality

• Total voters
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There are two "IN_J and dislike personality" options and no "EN_J and dislike personality" option. ;) Someone should edit it.

Dysentery_Fairy

MBTI Type
INXP
Enneagram
4w5
There are days when I just want to stab the F out of me, oh to be a sociopath.... sigh ;)

Bufo

MBTI Type
onto
Enneagram
5w4
I don't dislike my personality, but I want to improve.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
No. I hate being an INTJ.
It's hard being an INTJ.
I would rather be a type that has lots of friends and is lovable.

ygolo

My termites win
There are two "IN_J and dislike personality" options and no "EN_J and dislike personality" option. ;) Someone should edit it.

Damn copy and paste error. Unfortunately, I don't know how to edit the poll.

The numbers were going to skewd to begin with, but now we will simply have to conclude no ENJs can dislike their personalities? :doh: :D

Oh well. It got some discussion going.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
That's funny.

I feel that my personality is too diffuse to even answer this question.

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
It would useful to experiment with other types, but it is likely that I would find my current type to be the most suited one, other than perhaps INTP.

Though at times I wish I were nothing but a simple person, worrying naught more than the clothes on my back and the food in my stomach.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
I am grateful for being so adaptive and curious, but sometimes I wish I could S-out and appreciate moments longer without being distracted by future dreams or tinfoil or something else shiny.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I love shiny stuff... tin foil, tinsel, etc. If it's shiny, it's going to distract me. I deal a lot with distraction action... so... being an S might not save you from the distractions although, well, I'm not distracted by dreams that I haven't had yet.
In general, I like my personality type. I love my strong Se that helps me appreciate things in the present moment... even little things, such as a red leaf on the ground, surrounded by dried-up brown leaves.
On the other hand, when I am in an unpleasant situation, I think that it's going to last forever because I have so much difficulty seeing the future. My mom says, "This too shall pass." She has to keep reminding me because I see whatever might be happening at the current moment as occurring forever.
Also, my Te is almost useless. I have to force myself into a "thinking" mode but it constantly needs a battery change.:huh:

I am grateful for being so adaptive and curious, but sometimes I wish I could S-out and appreciate moments longer without being distracted by future dreams or tinfoil or something else shiny.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
The best answer I can give is that sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. There are things I'd trade in a heartbeat and things I'm very glad to have.

pippi said:
Ditto. I've got this personality broken in, I wouldn't want another one.

Lol, that's a good point.

ragashree said:
The last thing I have any interest in changing about myself is my personality!

Whether I'm happy or unhappy, I've never wanted to actually be anyone else, or really to even be like them...

I wish I were more like this. Ha! :D Wanting to be more like other people has always been a trait of mine. All my life I've modeled myself after people I've admired. But lately I've been working on appreciating myself more regardless of what personality traits I have or lack.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
.. Sometimes.. I find myself annoyingly upbeat! I want to be miserable and moody but I see someone and bang, there I am all teeth and jazz hands (what's with that).. There are other things I could mention that annoy me about being me but that one springs to mind due to recent events! grrrr

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
.. Sometimes.. I find myself annoyingly upbeat! I want to be miserable and moody but I see someone and bang, there I am all teeth and jazz hands (what's with that).. There are other things I could mention that annoy me about being me but that one springs to mind due to recent events! grrrr

Teeth and jazz hands. So true. :cheese:

pure_sterling

MBTI Type
INFP
You might find being upbeat anoying but for other enlightened individuals its probably one of the things people enjoy most about you.

I am an INFP and I would say the most anoying thing about my personality is a general lack of influence. I am notorious for saying things like "take me seriously" which of course everyone ignores. Its difficult to put so much effort into explaining what I think are deep imortant things and then to have the general population still think I'm an air head.

heart

heart on fire
I like my inner life very much and I wouldn't want to be any other way on the inside. I don't really like my interactions with the world.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I wish I was less of a loser. Apart from that I couldn't love myself moar.