User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Extraverts simply externalize their unhappiness and project it onto other people as the cause.
    That is probably most true of ExxJ types. Likewise I think IxxP types are more likely to internalize their unhappiness. ExxP and IxxJ types are probably somewhere in between.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    In my case, I've wanted a different personality for a lot longer than I've known about type.
    Are you serious on this? Wouldn't it be more constructive if you formulated what you could change within your own personality? We have no transpersonality surgery yet...

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    That is probably most true of ExxJ types. Likewise I think IxxP types are more likely to internalize their unhappiness. ExxP and IxxJ types are probably somewhere in between.
    Eh. I kind of think that the perceiving dominants would be unable to pin down the cause...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

interesting...
    i think in my case....everything...everybody....every situation...is changeable...everything can be improved....everything has it's good qualities and the ones that could be better...so an opinion as permanent as self dislike would never occur to me because...i view something as temporary...right now...i dislike this....in the future i will do this instead...
    does that make any sense?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    interesting...
    i think in my case....everything...everybody....every situation...is changeable...everything can be improved....everything has it's good qualities and the ones that could be better...so an opinion as permanent as self dislike would never occur to me because...i view something as temporary...right now...i dislike this....in the future i will do this instead...
    does that make any sense?
    Yes.

I think ENFPs are more apt to try and seek a solution to their problems. Unsurprisingly it usually involves their environment. I think they usually try to involve others when they have a problem, I think that involves self hate.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    Yes.

I think ENFPs are more apt to try and seek a solution to their problems. Unsurprisingly it usually involves their environment. I think they usually try to involve others when they have a problem, I think that involves self hate.
    elaborate...
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP

Judging from my sister she's never really to overtly sad about things. It's noticeable definitely, but she tries her hardest to keep a happy spirit. She gets complacent just sitting there and contemplating about things on her own so she usually tries to involve others in boosting her spirits.

A lot of times even when she seeks out others or tries to purge herself of some of the negative emotions and feelings she has, she still has a sad way of going about it, you can sense it in her tone and sentence composition.

In my case I just get a little more cynical, critical, and sarcastic. I can pull of sad with a certain sense of apathy and happiness. It's a lot more steady and I can usually pull it of with humor and evasiveness, I don't usually seek out others or involve others, I'd rather contemplate it on my own.

I'm referencing just self dislike, not depression or any other serious maladies. Just to be clear.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i get what your saying...i think but i don't see how that has anything at all to do with self dislike...are you saying because she wants to be outside herself in those situations...that that means she dislikes herself?
    because imo...that has nothing to do with it at all
    i have always been uncomfortable with sad
    if i am sad...i'll be alone and try to sort things out but i have a strong desire to feel better and seek out other people...not to comfort really...but to distract...to make me laugh...being happy is our natural state and it's hard being away from it for too long
    that doesn't mean we dislike ourselves...i don't get that reasoning a bit.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP

Yea I know what your saying. You're following the OP, I was responding more to how negative feelings (self hate) manifest not if they are more likely, or ENFPs had an inclination towards it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

confused...but okay
    -Jim Morrison